• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgendered contestant's bid for Miss Universe Canada starts tonight

Guest again

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the link, the comments that answered the article really illustrate the terrible ignorance we have in the world

C Rae -

• Forum Moderator

She is beautiful. We are all there in our own ways. Carry that beauty if you can.

Hugs Charlie

Guest LauraJen

too bad about all the comments these guys need a life or something.

Amanda

I'm getting to the point where whenever i see a link to an article I instantly associate it with a comments section drenched in hate. Will people ever get a life? :mad:

I hope she does very well. She deserves it and it would be a big "in your face!" to all the haters out there!

• Forum Moderator

I Hope she wins that would be great.

Amanda

Yes it would, and then there would be those that would claim she won on the publicity of her personal story. She is beautiful, I hope beauty wins.

Guest BreanneB

She could be french for all I care she is still amazing, I just want her body. Excpet im about 3 inches shorter than her

Guest amanda_s

i put this in the comment section

Guys grow up shes a woman. her brain is female she just fixed her body to match.

Amanda

Guest again

Hi Amanda,

I saw that comment in the National Post and I wondered if it was someone from Laura's! Good for you---there were some really immature comments on there. This is the latest update on the pageant. Jenna made it to # 12--there are some photos with the link as well as a little info on her story: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1181401--transgendered-contestant-jenna-talackova-cracks-top-12-at-miss-universe-canada-pageant?bn=1

Since this one is from the Toronto Star, there are no comments there---that's a good thing because when people can post anonymously they usually behave like idiots.

Guest amanda_s

i think that there is alot of ignnorance towards us ,i am tired of it. Had one woman complain about my gramour. i just passed english in school and it was 26 years ago. i wrote in one guys post that if you call jenna a it thing or what ever you should call your self that first shes a human being. she didn't win but has made us all very visible and that we face so much discrimination.

Amanda