• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

attacked at work

Guest rachel5671

Guest WendyJean

I think I have to concure with everything that has been said. I am glad you have stood up for yourself, it was the right course.

Just curious, and I don't really need an answer, did they leave marks? If they did document them with a camera. I also agree a civil suit is possible, and it is entirely possible if it ever happens again it is a hate crime.

Having said that, I understand wanting to keep a low profile. It is scary out there.

Guest rachel5671

Well i use to be a third-degree blackbelt in Jujutsu back in the day although I havn't practiced in a very long time I'm still pretty skilled at defending myself even if I can't strike back, so the only injury I sustained was some mild swelling on my shoulder which has since gone away. This guy was about 6 foot and 250 pounds and im this tiny thing at 5'5 and about 120 lbs.

I didn't even bother mentioning my shoulder, thats the last thing I need. To explain where all those scars came from >.<

Guest WendyJean

I understand. Odd as it may sound I envy your small stature. I suspect you will make a very passible female because of it. Size is always a problem for most of us.

I'm 5' 9" and currently at 230 pounds. I'm going to try to loose some weight before I think of doing anything. I also have 14 years of martial arts training I let lapse, a southern kung fu system.

Other than possibly knowing your secret, which sounds like it would be hard to do, any idea what might have set this guy off?

Guest rachel5671

I understand. Odd as it may sound I envy your small stature. I suspect you will make a very passible female because of it. Size is always a problem for most of us.

I'm 5' 9" and currently at 230 pounds. I'm going to try to loose some weight before I think of doing anything. I also have 14 years of martial arts training I let lapse, a southern kung fu system.

Other than possibly knowing your secret, which sounds like it would be hard to do, any idea what might have set this guy off?

No idea really, which is what kinda bugs me about it. Even though i've been on hrt 8 months my face hasnt really changed at all, so I don't think im at that point yet. Sometimes people read me as gay though. I have bad habit of leaning on 1 hip when im standing still, sometimes i crook my left leg inward or do that cat paw thing lol (dunno how to describe it). Their bad habits I'm tryin to break when in guy mode I keep catching myself doing them.

Thats the only thing I cant think of, maybe he saw me doing one of those, or a combination or those and read me as gay, and is just really homophobic.

• 2 years later...

Wonder if you could file a complain about the officers conduct also. But hey, at least the guy is looking at losing $2,500, it's a sting to his finances at minimum.

Honestly, I'd drop it if you're really concerned about your job and if you're uninjured. Pick your battles wisely because they take more time and energy than you ever think they will.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this sort of thing. :(

Guest Jennifer T

I'm sorry this happened. I am glad to hear that you pressed the issue with the police. Good for you!!

I have to ask, it was caught on camera but were there any live witnesses? If so and no one moved to help, then I am saddened even more.