• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Big Day Tommrow

Guest Zabrak

So, I contacted the first doctor I came out to. She was very kind to me when I did and she helped me start off. I told her a few things and how crappy my therapist was.

She is contacting my therapist tommrow(well today now that its 1:20 AM) about looking into getting me on my T asap. I'm not sure if she can help as I'm not sure of how much power she has...but I'm crossing my fingers and on my knees hoping this is it. Hoping that she will be able to help me. This is pretty much my last swing before I have to spend tons more money getting to the new therapist in vancover.

This is nerve racking and I hope for the best results...but knowing this therapist I expect the worse.

On a lighter note..

I've discovered I want to be a poster boy. B) lololol

ghh.jpg

I hope for the best as well. You look great! I hope you can start on your hormones before dropping the ton of money in going to the new therapist in Vancover. I hope that isn't too far away. Having your Doctor on your side is a major plus. Things are really looking much better for you than the first time I wrote to you - keep heading in this direction.

As always, love ya

Sally

Guest TBForLife

You know he's right. You don't look at all female there. Hence Fabulous.

Lock up your...daughters/sons, whatever! Here comes a heartbreaker! Very handsome young man indeed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -punches my old therapist in the face-....-punches him one more time for sh**s and giggles-

Ok, the story is a little hard to explain.

First of all my doctor called me back and said she had talked to my therapist. She said what I told her about him was all true and she didn't learn much from that call. She then did some research and found out that my therapist (I wont name him so not to insult him) has done what hes done to me to more trans. He gets stuck on things that don't help and the transpersons who see him do not end up with a happy story. Hes not what you call a 'pick of the litter' when choosen a therapist. I really don't have a choice over here, though, because he is the only trans-friendly therapist around rather then in vancover.

SO....

Shes found out she can take up the role as my therapist and have sessions with me(shes already known me longer and knows me better then my old therapist ). She'll learn more about me, work through any problems she has to do. Basically go through the process I was going through with my old therapist but better. Beside I feel alot better around her. She plans on writting me my letter but we have to jump through all the hoops and go through the process correctly in order for her letter to be accepted for me to start my T.

My only worry is the letter not being accepted but I am willing to wait and do everything I need to do so my doctors letter will be correct.

Hopefully, everything goes well and I can move on and start my T soon.

It may be more waiting and sort of weird loop hole but its worth it.

Sorry I got so very thrilled about my doctor I didn't thank everyone in the thread!

Thanks for your support and your posts. Really, I'm not just posting this to be nice I'm doing it because I really mean it guys. This forum and all the people on it whos supported me(in other threads not just this one) has helped me alot. You dudes are the best.

You know he's right. You don't look at all female there. Hence Fabulous.

Lock up your...daughters/sons, whatever! Here comes a heartbreaker! Very handsome young man indeed.

Haha. B)

Hey Zabrak,

I know that it may mean more waiting - you've got to get used to that - but it sounds like you have a very good friend and advocate as well as a doctor. Sorry about your experience with the firat therapist, you are bound to feel better about yourself now that you are with someone who is willing to work with you.

All of my best, love ya,

Sally