• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Outing yourself as a young teen and no one cares?

Guest Deena

Guest Deena

I remembered tonight in bed that I outed myself to my brother when I was 13 - I was sporting a bra and a dress.(borrowed of course. He laughed and said nothing! I was showing him I was a girl and he did t care!

Any thing like this ever happen to anyone else?

Guest Elizabeth K

Sure! At age 13 parents and sibling think we are 'going through a stage' and that SUX. But we ourselves learn to care about ourselves INDEPENDENT of others! Just how it is sometimes.

Lizzy

• Forum Moderator

At about 11 my brother came into the barn loft where i was dressed in bra, stockings, panties and a dress. All mostly from my grandma's estate with some supplements from mom's drawers. He is 3 years older than i am. He hung out for awhile and then decided to ask me to suck his penis. I was mortified. Thats how you pee. Sex hadn't come into my life yet but gender certainly had. I didn't understand these things at the time. Just a dumb farm kid in a dress knowing myself to be somehow different.

Hugs, Charlie

• Admin

My mother discovered I had been raiding her closet when I was around 13-14. She let me know that she knew, but didn't confront me directly. She let it go, and never brought it up again.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Yes. growing up I was caught several times, but somehow? When I DID come out, everyone said that it was impossible because I NEVER had shown a single sign.

Go figure.

Lizzy

Guest Atomic

When I was 11 I dressed up in my brother's clothing, they even helped me pick it out. They were completely fine with it and we actually had a fun time lol. One is 2 years younger than me the other is five years younger so maybe that's why.

Then again at 12 I dress up as a male for Halloween. Now I know why my mother was staring at me like that, she was basically glaring...

And now that I've come out both my brothers help me pick stuff out of the men's section. They were helping me pick shoes two days ago because I couldn't find any in my size. Glad to know they aren't trans phobic since we were raised in a religious family.

Guest Lupi

Idk about gender, but I have a similar kind of story about being bisexual.

I was in about 5th grade and watched the dukes of hazard with my childhood bestfriend, and seeing Jessica Simpson on screen reminded me about a memory of being attracted to another famous blonde that I'd almost forgotten.

I told her that night that I thought I might be bi, and after she left in the morning we didn't speak for a week after. When we eventually did speak, it was never mentioned again.

After that I was in denial for about three years before actually coming out.

Gender was more of a plain old pain in the neck, it hit me like a ton of bricks! And during my first serious relationship too, Gyahh!