• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

wearing a cross

Guest Alexx21

Guest Alexx21

Am wearing a cross the first time wearing one in years ...i normally am scared of crosses ...but i though its time to face my demons ...Also i am meeting with a pastor friend to talk about my faith in a few days and me being trans

Going to church is a very scary thing for me because i was abused by a priest when i was a child

Seeing someone dressed in robes really upsets me ...i have in the past tried to sit through a service with my husband and when it was my dad funeral there was a priest there i managed to sit through that but i felt really triggered...

I want to be able to go to church and not feel triggered and upset ...but its just so hard to

Am exploring my faith in God and Jesus ...but its hard when the past keeps coming back to haunt me

Alexx

Guest Elizabeth K

When the church people turned against me I gave up on Christianity as a religious path. I will not wear a cross anymore. But I still believe there is a CREATOR. I honor the teachings of Jesus. But having a spirituality and a path to follow is so very important and comforting. May the Creator bless you on this journey of renewal.

Lizzy

Guest Ney'ite

I am sorry about your experience at the hands of someone purporting to be a man of God.

Perhaps a close trusted friend whom you are out to could go with you when you meet them?

Guest Alexx21

My husband is going to come with me to see my pastor friend ...My husband don't believe in God or anything ...but he will still come with me if i asked him ...

Guest Elizabeth K

Well - not believing in God is a sort of path too. Actually I don't care too much for a Christian/Jewish/Islamic 'GOD' This is a masculine God and the Creator has no gender. The Goddess has more appeal for me as this Aspect is feminine, but that is still a gendered Goddess and the Creator has no gender.

So the point? Not believing in God CAN mean not believing in the model of the Creator that we have been presented for thousands of years. The Creator is not that bearded giant on the Sistine Chapel ceiling, but maybe simply the force that created the universe.

Personally, I think the Creator checks us out constantly (there is no time in that dimension, what the hell else is there to do). But that is just me.

Grin - maybe you won't say that to your pastor friend, it might cause him to have a seizure! But I bet your husband gets a chuckle!

Lizzy