• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Episcopal Church Is Getting A Message About Us

VickySGV

• Admin

INTEGRITY, which is the GLBT activist group within the Protestant Episcopal Church Of the United States (Episcopalians) released a video today entitled Out Of The Box on the subject of inclusion of Gender Variant people in the church. The video is plain ordinary propaganda (smiles) for the Episcopal Church's General Convention in July where there will be efforts to have language amended to the national church's Constitution and Canons of Faith.

The video is on U-Tube at

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCANWGsEdc&feature=youtu.be

and runs twenty seven minutes without interruption. It features a group of Trans clergy and lay ministers an laity, and also three bishops, and a priest who strongly advocate for inclusion. One of the women was ejected from another church when she announced her trans issues, and two of the other women found their calls to the clergy AFTER their coming out and transition.

I have just finished watching the whole video, and I am proud that I am a member of the church, and I am happy to see what some $$$$ I contributed turned out to be.

Edited by VickySGV
Pulled out inserted media too long per TC
Guest Krisina

Do you need something to lift your spirits? Watch this video :)

This is a good video to watch if your feelings about church are, I won't be accepted, I will be rejected, they won't love me, there isn't any church for me, I am sinning, I am an abomination etc. There is a spiritual place for you to be welcome and received. Not all churches around the world are the same. Just remember, you can find a spiritual home where you can be loved. This video is produced by the Episcopal church in the US, but their other churches welcoming and with open arms too.

I have watched the video, all 27 minutes of it. It really is a positive Christian message at a time when people who wish to go to church sometimes don't feel welcome. It is a straight forward positive and educational video as well as showing there is a place in church for transgender Chaplain, Deacons, Priests and Directors of Christian Formation. Good job by members of the Episcopal Church. I also liked the song in the video Hallelujah written and performed by MaMuse.

Krisina