• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming Out Help

Guest Turner_53

Guest Turner_53

I really want to come out to my parents soon but I don't know how exactly. I want to write a letter or send an email but what should I include in there when telling my parents.

• Admin

Another person asked the same question yesterday and to avoid too much duplication on this, here is the link to the reply I gave them. http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45942

The first part is to read the pinned topic at the head of this forum and then look at some of the other letters proposed by other members here, every one of us is different and our parents or other family members are the same way, DIFFERENT.

If you have a Therapist, this is a big issue to get their help on, if you need a therapist and that's what you are really asking the old folks to help you get, then thats gonna be different, but the items I mentioned in the other post are a distillation of things I have seen before that worked.

• Forum Moderator

take your time, read the link from Vicky. In person is best. If you can tell one the other will soon know. Sometimes Mom or dad might be more accepting.

Hugs, Charlie

• 2 weeks later...