• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coming Out Today (and Introduction)

Guest Crossroads

Guest Crossroads

So, normally I would give a full introduction...but I'm nervous like crazy because I'm coming out to my first people today. My partner/wife already knows, but I'll be telling 5 of my closest friends today. I'm so nervous, I don't know how to say it. I don't think I'll get a bad reaction, but still...

Okay, let's start with an introduction. I copied this from my local FTM forum.

My name is Jules. I am 23 years old. I'm just barely scratching the surface of FTM transition, although I have fully decided that this is the correct choice for me. I only made a final decision about this about a little over a week ago, and no one knows except my wife (partner), Angie. I had never really considered this option before, although I knew it was out there. Angie was the one who really confronted me about this, and after months of debating and really digging into the issues, this choice really seems like the only and best option for me. She is beyond supportive.

I've been very anxious to get into a community. I have a lot of concerns, and I'm excited about a lot of things. Above all, I think I'm anxious to meet others, to know that the way I feel isn't strange, because I know that the people in my life, mostly my family, are going to flip out.

Guest Jackson
Hola!

Welcome to the playground.

Hey! Playground?! I realize that I act like I haven't grown up, but really I have.

Welcome, Jules. Hopefully everything went well today. Glad to have you here.

Guest Crossroads

So I came out to two of my close friends today, my "safe" friends, friends I knew would be supportive. Luckily, they proved me right! Yay! I also have posted on my online communities, myspace and facebook, about the situation. We'll see about that. Anyway, I'll probably get to posting all my questions, although I'll be looking back at old posts to make sure that I'm not asking something that just got asked last week.

Thanks for the welcomes!!! :D

Guest My_Genesis

Hey, welcome. =)

i think it's very brave of you to do that, only a few people know about me...one being a friend, the other two being professionals...and one guy i dont know very well but id rather not tell that long story here. :rolleyes:

I'm still so iffy about telling people about this. I don't really know why..

Guest Crossroads
Hey, welcome. =)

i think it's very brave of you to do that, only a few people know about me...one being a friend, the other two being professionals...and one guy i dont know very well but id rather not tell that long story here. :rolleyes:

I'm still so iffy about telling people about this. I don't really know why..

I trust all my friends. I think the only people I can't trust are my family.

Guest Crossroads
huh, im the same way, except in general, not just with this stuff :rolleyes:

Me, too. Sad isn't it? I'm always far too open and honest. I can't hide anything, so I figure I should just tell everyone so that gets it out of the way.

I'm the worst at keeping any type of secret. The only people I'm hiding this from is my work (for now, until I start applying for my transfer in a few months) and my parents (once I start T, I'll tell them...or maybe I'll wait until I move away).

Guest My_Genesis

yeah it really kills me that im not able to just come out and say it openly, that i just think about it and think about it, never really come to any conclusions, and figure there's gonna be some point when i'll just have to tell them because i have no other choice, and that'll be the time to do it. -_-