• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

*waves* Hello, all

Guest pockychaser

Guest pockychaser

Nice to meet you. I'm... well, I'm not sure, really. You can call me Mel, though. I count myself a part of the ravening horde that is the anime/manga fandom (though I flatter myself in thinking that I'm not one of the truly obsessed). I also enjoy walking, and jump at any opportunity for a hike, urban or otherwise. I love music, whether it's listening to it, singing, or playing harmonica. I'm also big on MUDs, which are text-based MMORPGs, and rogue-likes, like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, and Tales of Maj'Eyal. That's about it, really. The rest of my interests are in that little box provided for our convenience. :3 I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Mel.......

Welcome to the Playground!

I'm Donna Jean

Kick off your shoes and pull up a chair and we'll have some hot coco and a handful of cookies.....ok?

I thought you'd be into anime' from your user name....lol

Now, I'd like to ask you to be sure to have a look at the forum rules...there's a link at the bottom right of most pages...It says “Terms & Conditions..

And, we moderate this site to keep it safe for everyone..

It's good to have you here!

Huggs

Dee Jay

• Root Admin

Hello Mel,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. :)

MaryEllen

Guest Groove_Ghost

*Waves back and jumps up and down like I escaped from an asyum in Insmouth* Welcome to Laura's :D

I hope since you like classic games and MUDs then you will also appreciate Space Quest, Beneath A Steel Sky and other classic point and click adventure games? :) if not then its the reprogramming camp for you!!! :D

Guest pockychaser

Hello! Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I thought I'd make my name a fun one, and it certainly relates! :3 Cookies and cocoa sounds awesome, too. ^^ As for the rules, terms and conditions, I've read them all. I've been lurking for a bit, to be honest, and I really like the atmosphere here! I feel more comfortable already. I had to work up the nerve to make an account, but I'm really glad I did!

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Mel,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest pockychaser

Will do, thank you! Busy today, though. I'm helping my folks with some home improvement today. They'd like to put down some wood flooring in their basement, but there's a lot of cleaning and moving to be done before then. I'll be in and out whenever I can. ^^;

Guest pockychaser

Also, hey, Jessica. Didn't see your post before for some reason, but yes, I love Beneath a Steel Sky. ^^ I've heard of Space Quest, but I haven't played it yet, to my shame. ^^;

Guest Groove_Ghost

*Backs away from keyboard and brandishes a bronze cross to ward off le evil one* Your life really is not complete until you play the magnificent, life affirming series that is Space Quest, seven games in the series and they are hilarious, some of the finest point and click gaming I have experienced since Broken Sword :) though the humour may be lost on you if you aren't a sci fi buff.

Its so heart warming to finally meet someone my age who appreciates the greatness of old adventure games, actually this is the first time since you can't count beating my best friend over the head with the Kings Quest boxset until he played it just to make the pain stop :P

Oh and while loving BASS does earn you cool points, you really should still feel great amounts of shame

Guest Jade T

Hi Mel,

Welcome to the forums! Hehe your username made me so hungry that I had to go grab some cashews from the counter and now I am seriously debating cooking dinner now lol. I'm glad you registered and decided to join us all :)

Hugs,

Jade

Guest pockychaser

Aha! Fortunately, I -am- a sci-fi buff. :D My new goal in life is now to play the Space Quest games. :3 I'm glad we've found such awesome common ground! How about console games? Sadly, I didn't grow up with them, but I've played a fair bit of NES and SNES games.

Hi, Jade! Hi, Angel! Thanks for the welcome! Sorry for making you hungry, Jade. I'm glad to be here! X3

Guest Groove_Ghost

YAY a fellow sci-fi nerd :D I was just debating today whether or not to indulge in a bit of the Tremors series, sadly short lived :( but brilliant anyways!!

Do you mean retro console games or console games in general? o_O I play a lot of both, I have just finished playing through every single one of the main Resident Evil Games in order, though the pedantic nerd in me feels the need to mention I did the Gamecube remake of 1 and the Dreamcast port of 2, the rest were on their original consoles :P I love Resident Evil so muchy I have the Umbrella Corp logo tattooed on my left wrist :D other more modern console games I love are Shenmue, Baldurs Gate, Max Payne, Duke Nukem *screw the haters I LIKE DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!* Final Fantasy 7-9, Vagrant Story etc Really too many to mention :P

I do loves me some retro stuff like Legend of Zelda, Earthworm Jim, Sonic etc Are you a Dungeons&Dragons fan? Any chance you like Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, those kinds of games?

Guest Elizabeth K

Hi Mel

Old War Hammer 3000 player here - 'board player", not computer My son was a fierce D&D master and I would help him setting up the perimeters and rules for all weekend bouts with his buds - we must have had a 100 D&D books. I was a pewter dragon maker too - beautiful painted figures for the games - we went with the pewter rather than the plastic - played in our gravel driveway under a huge live oak tree - 15 or 20 people there! Long time ago. He now has a masters in Electrical Engineering in Computer Design - University of Chicago and works and builds systems.

And I play harmonica - ha!

I welcomed you already I think - and I see you do like to post, so looking forward to having you around!

Lizzy

Guest Groove_Ghost

After reading your post Elizabeth, I feel the need to say this; I love you, and I want to have your babies :P Gosh damn I wish my mum was cool enough to do that with me, all my mum ever did was listen to Donny Osmond all day :( jealous............

Though I was never much of a Warhammer player, the games took too long for me and it was far to difficult to build the minitures, so I was always more of a D&D player *early rules, for some reason I didn't take to AD&D* oh and fighting fantasy game books, they were amazing to play with friends :)

Never learned harmonica either, always wanted to

All this talk of fantasy games makes me wanna listen to Blackmores Night

Edited by Elizabeth K
fixed typo and cleaned up expltive
Guest pockychaser

Tremors, hm? Yet another series I've heard of but not seen. ^^; I did mean retro console games, yes. Things like Seiken Densetsu, Earthbound/Mother, Duck Hunt, Mario (natch), etc. I grew up without any game consoles at all (except Gameboy for a short time), so my list of games played is still very small. ^^; I am a D&D fan, but I've only played tabletop campaigns. I was fortunate in that the DM of the group I was a part of loves (and owns the books for) the early editions, so I got to play 2nd Ed Dark Sun. :3 I was never much of a Warhammer player, either, though I played Deathwatch briefly, and enjoyed it. Learning harmonica is mostly memorizing what note is where, Jessica. After that, it's just a matter of lots of practice! Even the Cracker Jack plastic harmonicas are good for the basics (though I recommend purchasing a better one once the basics are comfortable to you).

Wow, Lizzy! That's awesome! Do you still have any of the figures lying around? I'd love to see pictures! Pewter is the way to go, yes. Talk about a cool job! I wanted to pursue something similar for a while, but I'm more language-oriented. I've been fighting a battle against my ADD for years trying to self-study Japanese, and I want to become an editor (or professional proof-reader at the very least). :3 So, which brand of harmonica do you prefer? I'm big on Hohner, personally. They've got excellent, traditionally made harmonicas. Oh, and chromatic or diatonic? I play both, but prefer chromatic. And I very much enjoy posting. I feel like a kid in a candy store, in fact. I look forward to being around! ^_^

Guest Groove_Ghost

Ah Earthbound/Mother, an absolutely fantastic series that unfortunately gets such little recognition over here apart from the hardcore porting fan base :( it really needs a good solid English translation and a European release!!!

I was practically raised by games consoles, my parents just stuck a control pad in my hand and left me to it, and having Aspergers means my social skills, could erm, use a little fine tuning to say the least :P its best if I stay out of social situations

If you like D&D then I whole heartedly suggest that you get Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale, WRPG for the PC that are based on the AD&D rules and set in the Forgotten Realms :D the next best thing to having a good campaign on D&D!!!!!

Oh does anyone here enjoy Magic The Gathering?