• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Understanding Myself (warning, long)

Guest DEW1995

Guest DEW1995

First of all i'm technically not *new* to the site since I made this account last summer, but I only spent a short amount of time here so I may as well introduce myself again and give you my story ( it does lead to a question/thought so hang in there ! ). My name is Eli and i'm a 17 year old guy trying to embrace life and all of its little mysteries. Which would include my sexual quirks ! I'm a subtle cross dresser, or used to. Last year at the ripe age of sixteen I happened upon two pairs of panties my older sister was planning to throw out since she was moving. I'm pretty adventurous so I gave 'em a go and tried them on. I had heard of CD before so I wanted to see what all the the talk was about. I tried them on and it surely was one of the most ground breaking and thought provoking experiences of my young life.

I had a rush of weird feelings that I can only attribute to feeling feminine, I just don't have any other way to describe it. It felt so sensual and, really just wonderful ! Like a caged part of me was out and loose ! I no longer felt like just *Eli*, but I also had a different side. The softer more feminine Eli that loved romance and was inclined to think of pink panties as cute and wanted to wear them !

It was extremely confusing and fearful. Was I turning gay ? Well what If I get caught ? I didn't exactly understand why I felt the way I did and I was sure my friends didn't do it. So why was I going through this ? All of my fears combined led me to throw away my pairs around three months ago, this is where I come to the point in topic. My regular and feminine side are mixing, and i'm trying to understand what exactly its leading to.

Ever since I stopped I have been CRAVING for the sensuality I felt when I wore woman's clothing. However it isn't simply wearing the clothing anymore, it's living the sensuality. At this point I would rather go to bed in a nightie and go out with panties on. It's not a complete take over in the way some people go out in full drag, but that's where my question is. What exactly is this all leading to ? In the games I play i'm making all female characters and in all of the stories I write the main character is a female. It's slowly becoming one with who I am and what I do. I'm just not sure where all of this leads ? This is why I made this post in the first place. I don't feel as though I have a male and female aspect anymore, but as if though they are combined. It's a weird feeling that i'm trying to get to the bottom of.

In the private of my own home at this point I would dress completely female, but not be fully. I wouldn't wear a wig or makeup or anything like that. However I don't want to be perceived as female because I don't feel like I am. I don't think I would wear female cloths other than underwear in public as well, for the sheer fact that again, I wouldn't want to be perceived as female. However in the things I do such as write/games I AM perceiving myself as female. I'm just extremely confused. I love feeling feminine, but don't want to be female. Not sure what my body is telling me.

Perhaps i'm just expressing my femininity or it really is leading to bigger things ? Has anyone else experienced things like this and have any idea as to what conflict is going on ? Or any ways to cope with the urges of femininity when one can not drive to the mall so they can shop ?

I know this is dreadfully long and probably boring, but I just needed to express and tell someone what I am going through.

Guest angels wings

Hello Elli reading this was not boring , thank you for sharing . The only advice I would have is if u are seeing a GT to discuss this with him or her . They can guide u in the right direction . I'm sure many others will have some feed back for u .

Guest Krisina

It's okay to have a feminine side, it's okay to have an interest in female clothing and have female characters. You aren't harming anyone least of all yourself. Not wanting to be perceived by others as female could be a defence mechanism at play, suppressing your inner feelings. If you continue to find it all a bit confusing and unable to shake it, a talk with a gender therapist can do wonders. Someone who is open minded and non judgemental. In the meantime, explore your feminine side and see how you feel inside.

Krisina

• Forum Moderator

Hi dear, not to scare you but you describe me years ago. Now i am considering being a woman physically full time. I started to see a GT and am becoming honest about who and what i am. Probably two spirit describes me best. i'll always have male in me. 64 years as a man won't just walk away. I love to do "man" things too. Pink panties, the feeling of a skirt and now the acceptance of others is important to me. I am not alone. We are social animals and need others to find out who we are. Enjoy your life and welcome back we are here for you and for us.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest DEW1995

Thanks for the advice :)

It just feels a tad bit weird I guess ? Most of the time I enjoy completely all guy things, the color black over pink and action movies over romances. However some urges pop up and its an overwhelming sensation to feel and be more feminine in whatever I am doing. Considering i'm in high school and I get to perceive the social norm everyday, it makes me feel like I have a guilty pleasure. Just being surrounded in a world that calls a more feminine man gay (nothing against being gay) is a little unnerving, i'm a little self conscious about everything and liking womans clothing doesn't help.

Right now the most important thing on my mind is....what exactly would happen if I were to actually allow my some of my sporadic urges to take over full time ? Like wearing woman's underwear full time and going to bed in something completely feminine ? I'm just interested/worried in how far it could progress, to the point of full drag ? Or to the extreme of even finding I would prefer to be a woman than a man. I have never let myself splurge on the moment and fully accept the feminism, but from what you all have said it sounds like I should try and embrace it.

My questions to all of you

1) Did any of you start at a relatively early age like myself ? If so how exactly did you cope with the experience, and did it progress any further from in private and only wearing one or two things ?

Thanks again for the comments, I really enjoy learning experiences so please share all and everything whether it be relative or not. I'm new to this so everything is welcome :)

Guest *Charlotte P*

Eli, you are describing things that many of us here have been thru and not just once. It's normal and will take time for you to find you place in the world. Don't rush to conclusions and try not to do anything rash. Just see where it takes you and yes, see a GT to help you on your path. The confusion you feel right now is normal and it will pass with time, more and more as you find out how far things will be taken. Just let it happen and you will be much more at peace with all that is going on in your young life.

Hugs,

Charlotte

Guest DEW1995

Again thanks for all of the answers ! By just posting on the site for one day I think i'm understanding a tad bit better and I can see a sort of direction. Specifically because I happened across the gender test on the site and gave it a whirl. I figured I would land on either the first or second category seeing as how I don't specifically desire to be female. However, after the answering the 60 + questions as honestly as I possible could, I scored a 15 ? Scrolled down and saw I fit into the Androgyny ? Well obviously my first reaction was.....huh ? What is that ? First of all I do understand that the test doesn't specifically mean anything as no test can actually determine something like this. However it did provoke an awful lot of self thought and how I actually felt about myself. A few of my quirks I should say have found a little resolution. After reading a few definitions and threads about the topic, it doesn't sound so completely off the mark. I won't get into it here because it would probably be better for the Androgyny forum, however I would like to just say thank you. Thanks for the welcome and being part of a site that is so helpful and heart warming !

HI Eli,

As you noted yourself, the test is a good thing to provoke thought, but don't draw concrete conclusions from it.

I would encourage you to experiment, just go with your flow - if you feel like being more feminine, then follow that. If not, go away from it. You'll discover a pattern in a while. If you can ignore the taboos and not feel guilty - you'll discover your path.

A gender therapist can help you with your process too - if it's something you can manage. Otherwise, right here is a good place to compare notes and get a feel for yourself.

Good luck!

Love, Megan

Guest Melissa~

On session one with my therapist, (I have only had three over the last three weeks as of now.) I asked my therapist whether my limited interests in guy things and technical aptitude (I am a scientist by employment) were counteruntuitive to being "woman." "Honey no, there are all kinds of women" was her answer, she is after all a doctor in her own right.

Guest Clair Dufour

Unless your trying to talk yourself into a course of action, these things work themselves out. Its called questioning who you are. Some guys go to the gym, bulk up and chase cheerleaders. Not all girls like Jocks! If you like girls you will probably get to change thousands of dirty diapers. Ihave to tell you those girly feelings sure do help. The only thing always be honest getting into relationships. Thats what causes the problems not the clothes. PS according to Big Bang Theory, scientists are their own gender.

Guest Melissa~

I have only ever watched bits of Big Bang Theory, but that seems to align with Sheldon's modus operandi. I really need to rent that series out and watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Eli

Wow - reading your posts reminds me of the total confusion I had when I realised I was a cross dresser - and this was only in March this year at the tender age of 53! Like you I thought: "OK so I might like suspenders and stockings but I won't go any further..." So: multiple dresses, tights, stockings, panties, camisoles, blouses, skirts, breast forms, bras, wigs and jackets later, I decided that my original limited 'plan' for how I would pan out as a cross-dresser was total tripe. I could not contain any of it!

I also took that 'test' which is pretty inaccurate - the Cogiati. I came out Androgynous. The test has no validity, but it does help you think about where you are coming from. I like my Androgynous score; I thought long and hard about the result and decided it suits me in my life where I float around between being a kind of "female-male" to "male". It fits my self-view and cross-dressing and gives me a lot of comfort BUT I don't feel I need to live up to the test score - it is just an indicator, an item to mull over.

Now I don't want to post on the Androgynous forum because I fell into cross-dressing and discovered it is "me". I have gone through weeks of self-analysis and self-questioning about this. But the answer I am happiest with (thank you to all on this forum) is that I am happy being me in the ways I express and enjoy being me. OK, I am a weird kind of male that is not quite one, and I cross-dress and I love the whole thing - so who cares. As Megan Rose so ably says: go with the flow and enjoy.

I hope you settle down and start really enjoying the true Eli and find your own ways of expression. I had a vast self-shock earlier this year but the wonderful girls on this forum settled me right down and into a new life I utterly enjoy.

As Brenda said to me in March: "are you a cross dresser? Well, let me see...YUP!" Her brief but wise words have meant so much to me and I took her at her word and never looked back.

Enjoy!

Hugs,

Eve