• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question about Ftm Hypnosis

Guest alexlouis

Guest ZoeG360

Welcome to Laura's, if you come across some good ones for your friend, I am sure there are folks here that would be interested in knowing where you found them.

What you are dealing with does take a while to work out, Don't give up, its worth it. You are worth it. If you get stuck, there are a ton of people here ready and eager to help. Me included!

Zoe

Guest alexlouis

I sure will, and I also understand that even though they work for me or my bf that It may not be for everyone. There's been times where I see myself as a man instead but I'm correcting that through positive thinking and meditation. I'll probably pop in here every now and then for help or to see whats up.

Intrestingly enough my bf originaly couldn't go outside or go to a therapist due to social anxiety, now he's able to go to the store alone and talk to people with a bit of discomfort. I bought him a SA cd set and now he's more confident and less anxious than ever before. The program I bought him is called Overcoming Social Anxiety by Thomas A. Richards Ph.D. Phychologist/Director SAI. It works with SA, OCD, GAD and pretty much any anxiety and I would say self-esteem too. I think It cost me $350 total (I did payments of $50) but In the long run It's worth it, It literally saved his life though.

I'm sorry for rambling on about everything, once I get started I can't stop. Just thought I'd share this information. I'll leave now. :D

The success of hypnosis is completely predicated on the notion that it does work. Because it's all mind over matter/changing perception kind of thing, there's no way it won't work if you are totally invested. You might make yourself delusional in the eyes of others, but your reality can be molded to however you see fit. I've experimented with hypnosis on and off for over a decade, and I can honestly say that it's only made my life more fulfilling. If you are so inclined, you can do a little research and write your own inductions/scripts. That way you don't have to tell some judgmental hypnotist all of your personal feelings, and it's free!

One thing though- While I value hypnosis as a transformative tool, it is in no way the same as seeing a gender therapist. I was so against seeing a GT for the longest time, but when I finally did, things improved markedly. So I encourage your continued use of hypnotherapy, but I can't overstate the value of having someone with a vested interest in your well being like a GT on your side.