• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Columbia Grad Testifies at Senate Hearing for ENDA

Carolyn Marie

Hi Carolyn,

Trying to avoid cynicism about our congressional process...

It's good, great news. We had a good spokesperson, apparently. I wonder how it is that he is the first to ever testify. We are late getting to the plate.

Thank you, Megan

Carolyn

Last December I went to a discussion on campus at the LGBT Center and the speaker was Mr Broadus. Folks this man is a terrific speaker who spoke up for us and who represented our community before congress. This is putting my community Columbia Mo on the map changing the world for our Trans community. First we are changing medicine in the way doctors are trained to meet our needs and now Mr Broadus has represented our community before congress. Unfortunately, you get 50 miles from Columbia Mo. and you are smack in the middle of the bible belt.

I'm considering broaching the subject of insurance coverage for HRT and surgery for GRS with Dr Harold Williamson who is the vice-Chancelor of Health Care at the University of Missouri. The student insurance coverage covers GRS, FFS, and HRT but not the employees insurance. Dr Williamson used to be my boss and was Chairman of my Department of Family Medicine. I've always found Dr Williamson to be a decent and fair man. I'd hate to have to go back to school in order to afford GRS Surgery. Even though I get a 50% tuition reduction as a tenured employee. LOL

Kathryn

• Admin

I wish you all the best, Kathryn. We need more advocates like you. :ThanxSmiley:

Carolyn Marie

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 175 Guests (See full list)

• Maddee
    • Betty K
    • MaryEllen