• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Two Unrelated Questions

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

Ok, so i dont know how many of you guys have been following that tissue engineering thread in the surgery forum but Seth has encouraged me to get a petition going and I started the form for one on petitionsonline.com but then realized i didn't know what to put for the recipient group/organzation. wondering if anyone can help me with that...and possibly with the opening statement :)

Also, about this whole possibility of a prostate/something-internally-physically-male thing, I'm thinking i'm gonna bring it up when i go back to school the beginning of january and see my counselor...i should make a resolution to step all this stuff up a notch to encourage me to open up to people more..including my therapist at school :rolleyes: So anyway, I don't even really know if this is the right question to ask, but can bioguys actually *feel* their prostate like, if they get aroused or something? Because for me, I feel like there's something internal, and I'm just curious, if biological guys can actually feel something internal as well, then that would probably increase my chances there is something there.. :P So yeah, i mean i never hear bioguys mention anything about that but for me it's like a muscular thing..so idk if that's psychological or physical :huh:

just wanted to post both questions together so i wouldnt have to make separate threads. lol

for the first one, no idea

but if you have a prostate, that's a physical thing and you can feel it if you stick your finger you-know-where... actually not the you-know-where that you're thinking (if you know about prostate exams) because if you have a bajingo (to quote Elliot) your bladder will be in front of that, and your prostate surrounds your urethra. Which means that it should be a bulge on the upper roof of said bajingo, and if you stroke it in certain ways (if it works at all like a bio-male's) then some sort of ejaculate would be released. If you just have enlarged skene's glands (also known as the female prostate) you probably won't be able to tell. I'd say the chances are though if you have normal female anatomy down there (if you don't know what it is, there are pictures all over the internet :P) then you won't have a prostate, just because it seems like such a random thing to develop. However, I don't actually know what I'm talking about (confidence- more important than knowledge) so maybe it makes sense. I'm just not sure why a body would create something that is designed to expel seminal fluid that prolongs the life span of sperm in a bajingo unless there is a system in place for it to go through and sperm to be preserved. Maybe if you also had an undescended testicle it would make sense... do you happen to know of the status of your ovaries/testicles? Periods happen?

But like I said, if you do have one you'd most likely feel it in the bajingo (kinda deep). Guys feel theirs in the anus because they have no separation between that and the urethra, but you will. Since I doubt it's fun to stick fingers or inanimate objects there, there's always ejaculate. The prostate's role is to expel seminal fluid which happens during 'excitement' which could work, but I think I remember reading somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can't really... do that thing. Of course, there are ways if you really want to, seeing as it's a largely physiological response, but I won't get into them on here :P Basically, I don't think there's anything you can do to find out unless you're willing to try new and exciting things with yourself.

Cody dude, first, let me say I love you for your intense vaguery in the quest to stay anywhere in the forum rules :P:D However, I GOTTA know what you are talkin about (and I admit, I have no idea :P ) so PM me pleeeease lol. The A, B, C 4th grade edition please.

Heck I'm still lookin up "bajingo" much less the rest lol

Guest silverpetals

what's a prostate even for anyway? as far as i know, it just sits there and gets cancer...

but i posted my thoughts on the first bit in the other thread.

Guest My_Genesis

It's for what Cody said it's for :P

actually, I understand what you're talking about, Cody..I was just wondering if they can feel it without doing any of that stuff that you mentioned. :lol: ..because like I said I feel like there actually might be something muscular going on without doing any of that. lol

lol I would say without any corroborating physical evidence there's really no way to tell a real prostate from an imagined or psychosomatic prostate (although how cool would it be to have psychosomatic male reproductive parts??)

but definitely get it checked out, I'd be interested to see what you find :)

Guest My_Genesis

I see I've found a fellow scientist :D

Hoping to bring it up to my therapist at school the next time I see her...January 9th..I'm on break for another month :wacko: