• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I think my parents know

Guest Luuceee

Guest Luuceee

The other day i ordered some new clothes and heels. I paid for Saturday delivery so i would be home to receive them with no notice but they all got delivered today whilst i was at work in a bag which has the name of the shop (New Look) on the side and you can feel the heels inside the bag. I reckon they definately know something but arent saying. Im scared about it but at the same time happy about it.

Lucy

Guest Groove_Ghost

Ah New Look is a great shop, had to say it :D get most of my clothes from there

In my experience when confronted with something like this most parents will instantly come to the easiest and simplest of all conclusions such as they are for a girl you like, a present for a woman in the family. Or perhaps they already know and are waiting for you to tell them in your time, when you feel comfortable. But if they know and are not happy I would think it would be an instaneous blow up reaction, thats what happened with my dad and he was not happy :P

I can see why you feel happy though, this could be some wonderful act of fate, you have a road to tell your parents now, and that could lead to some wonderful things :)

Guest Luuceee

Yeah im pretty sure that they know, they have found clothes in my room before, the first time was when i was 13 i believe and once or twice that i know of since then. In fact i remember my dad catching me wearing a pair of tights when i was about 10 years old. He asked if i was playing peter pan as we had watched it recently so i said yes haha. It must be a good sign if they do know as you say if they wasnt happy they would have confronted me about it by now.

• Forum Moderator

I agree with Jessica. When i got a wig in the mail that my wife intercepted she asked me about it later and i was honest and said i had sent it back because of the color. Could have knocked her over with a feather. 3 months later we are eating lunch together with me living full time. Honesty and openness can happen and i hope they will for you. it just be for the best. Its up to something beyond us but the days of hiding might be moving behind you .

hugs and wishes for the best, Charlie

Guest Luuceee

I do want to tell them im just unsure how to approach it, ill work it out im sure. Im kind of hoping they approach me after todays happenings. I do have to go to the docs in a week to arrange a CT scan for a head injury i got at work and ive been thinking i may whilst there speak about my transgender issues. Things may start to take shape then and hopefully for the better. Oh the clothes are perfect apart from the skirt is a little shorter than i expected but still amazing. The heels are the most comfortable ive ever worn too :) Ill get some pics up when i get a chance.

Guest LauraJen

Hi Lucy,

It's a shame New Look don't pack things into discrete, robust boxes! I've ordered from them before and remember it being a black, branded plastic bag - I had some Mary Jane heels in mine which could be felt, although thankfully my dad was ok to receive them for me (although I still don't like collecting things from him, supportive or otherwise). Their skirts and dresses can be a little on the short side but still can be quite nice. I look forward to seeing photos of the look :-)

As for your parents knowing - if this is something that has been occasionally cropping up since you were 13 then chances are that could work in your favour. Many parents who turn out positive have that reaction "It's ok, I suspected it anyway!". As Jessica pointed out, if they were going to be bad about it then chances are you would have known by now as it would have been much more severe and instantaneous. They will likely be neutral at worst, although obviously nobody can know for sure, but I think there's quite a high chance that things will be ok. It could be the start of something very good for you!

Good luck,

Laura

Guest LauraJen

Just realised I made a typo - I meant "discreet". Discrete spelled like that means something else entirely! I just said "discreet" to myself in my head as I was typing and "discrete" came out. I'm more used to seeing that word as well.

Guest Luuceee

Yeah if i had known it wasnt discreet i would have waited till my parents were on holiday next month, oh well good things may come of it so we shall see. I shall try and get some photos uploaded on the weekend if i can so you can see and let me know what you think.

Lucy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• Roach
    • VickySGV
    • Evelyn J
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

AmandaJoy
    Newest Member
    AmandaJoy

1. Alexa Amorosa
      Alexa Amorosa
      (48 years old)
    2. Bluestem
      Bluestem
      (39 years old)
    3. CharlotteSW
      CharlotteSW
      (26 years old)
    4. Daisy91
      Daisy91
    5. jriddle1990
      jriddle1990
      (30 years old)
    • missyjo
      congratulations easyE. :) I'm guessing with declared endgame will hover m maybe reconsider end game as they, we go along   congrats dear. I'm happy fir you
    • VickySGV
      Actually, they did back at the times of the AIDS pandemic in the 80's.  Some of my slightly older than I am Gay friends were beaten up and thrown out of gender correct restrooms back then. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm not sure the past is a sure guide to future needs.  LGB have no dog in the fight on public restrooms, for example.  That is T only, and only some T at that. 
    • Betty K
      When I appear on the radio and podcast it will be in discussion with a political scientist who will discuss those aspects. I’m focussed on the implications for kids and why the recommendations are flawed. But yes, I will probably briefly paint the political background.
    • Davie
      GFY, @Betty K. Don't forget to write about the motivations for the Cass Report, and who paid for its conclusions. "Cass Met With DeSantis Pick Over Trans Ban: Her Review Now Targets England Trans Care." — Erin Reed  And now its back to America, 'surprise, surprise.'
    • Vidanjali
      Hi @Sol. Great to hear from you and your updates are all encouraging. Wonderful all the support you're now getting from your family and to hear you sounding so positive and hopeful. Career as an archivist sounds like a great path - sensible and not too specific, but endlessly fascinating at the same time. Not only do museums employ archivists, but so do many other institutions such as historical societies and universities. Your university may have its own archives which you could visit and learn about. Take care & be well! 
    • AmandaJoy
      Hi @KathyLauren no worries!   I’ve only ever gotten a two-year degree in programming, and that one was just because I existed in the U.S. Air Force as a coder long enough to qualify for all of the technical credits, then I just took CLEP and DANTES tests to get the rest.   Most of my work has been in the security arena, lots of C/C++. Worked as a Red Hat hacker for a few years, and spent a few more years in gov’t spaces.
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Amanda.  Your story sounds quite familiar, though my pesky body part didn't need the attention of a urologist.  You are in good company here!
    • KathyLauren
      Oops.  Sorry, @AmandaJoy, I see you have already posted an introduction. 
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, @AmandaJoy.  Welcome to Trans Pulse.  Be sure to check out the various forums and join in any threads that interest you.  We'd love to read all about you in the Introductions forum.   -----   I started programming in Dartmouth Basic in high school back in the early 1970s.  I did my degree in Computer Science.  After a brief stint in the "government flying club" (RCAF), I worked as a programmer-analyst and systems analyst for about 25 years.    I am retired now, but I still enjoy programming.  I write a lot of the code for my astrophotography observatory.    
    • Sol
      WOW HAS IT BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE UPDATED!!! Welp, I'm updating now, and it's been a lot of changes.  1. My mom is starting to come around a little (I think). She does refer to me more as her child now, and even offered to help me cut my hair so I think we're making a little progress. I'm still planning on going on T later and I'm gonna start saving up to buy trans tape (I can't wear binders because I have GERD), so hopefully the progress stays. My dad, sibling, friends, and my paternal grandparents have all been super supportive and I'm really lucky for that. My sibling also goes out of their way to introduce me as their brother and it makes me so happy :D 2. I've been socializing a lot more! Mostly on Discord, but I've made some new friends and I'm really happy about that!  3. I'm on birth control! I still need to go to the gyno but my GP got me on the depo shot and it's been working for me so far! My dysphoria has gone through a lot of ups and downs, especially around periods, but that source is pretty much gone now and I feel way better. I do have more dysphoria centered around my chest now but that's pretty easily fixed with baggy shirts most of the time.  4. I know 100% now that I'm hoping for a uterine ablation (cauterizing the uterine tissue so it doesn't grow) at some point in the future and it's likely something I'll have to save up for but from my research it's a lot less invasive and safer than a hysterectomy so I definitely recommend it if people are able to access it. I also know that after that, I want to save up for a reduction to combat the chest dysphoria, and I still like having it sometimes so I'll keep a bit of it (I'm shooting for an A cup, I'm a C cup currently).  5. I've been writing more and I've even got some ideas for art projects! I also got an Archive of Our Own account where I post my finished writing, and I'm starting a book project at my mom's urging (she said she wanted that as her Christmas present so I'm gonna try, might not get it done this year though). I haven't gotten to write much lately but I'm hoping to change that this month.  And finally, 6. I'm gonna be a college junior and I have a career path to pursue! I'm gonna be an archivist, hopefully working for a museum (not too specific on where, I just like museums).  So yeah, a lot of stuff has happened and it's been pretty good! 
    • AmandaJoy
      Hi Thea!   Professional coder since ‘90, hobbyist since ‘83. C/C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Python, Ada, COBOL, Fortran, various flavors of BASIC. Love C, but it’s mostly been about Python recently.
    • Ivy
      Welcome Amanda
    • Ivy
    • Ivy
      Welcome Justine
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.