• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

E.D recovery.

Guest Otto

So I have started recovering like one year ago,

I know I still have to do a lot of efforts because my food choices are limited to: low fat yogurt, fish, vegetables and sometimes chickpeas...

I accepted the fact that I have to eat, it's though, sometimes I still feel like I could live without eating, sometimes I really miss that feeling of emptiness and "control".

But after seeing some positive things from recovery,

I can tell you, it's worth it.

What I'm trying to tell you all is that, it takes time, it's hard, it will cost you tears, anger and even joy...

And just by putting a little effort, saying NO to your thoughts and resist those evil temptations, step by step (baby steps) you're going to get everyday a little bit better, it takes also time to accept that you're actually getting better, and that what you are doing is good for you, and not bad.

I know it will take me more than 2 years to recover, but the important thing from this is:

if i fall, I will stand up again and keep going.

I don't know why I wrote all this, probably because I feel the need to give you hope (for those who haven't hope), I though I could never get better, but in fact, I am. It's just slow...

So If anybody needs help please feel free to message me.

Have a nice day :)

• Admin

Thanks very much, Otto, for your message of hope and inspiration, and your willingness to help others. You are a mensch. Congrats on your own recovery, too.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie