• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Talk about an ego boost!

Guest Winnowill

Guest Winnowill

It doesn’t get much better than this for a pre-op!

Imagine this:

You go for your quarterly Dr. visit for high blood pressure and HRT scripts. It’s a clinic, so you sometimes get a Doc who doesn’t know you and who doesn’t read too far back into your medical history. That’s what you get this time.

The Doc has just finished examining you, and you’re still sitting there in bra, panties (panty girdle) and one of those stupid hospital gowns.

He asks you about your HRT doses, and you tell him what meds & what doses you’re on. He pauses and considers for a moment, and then says: “I was going to suggest that you cycle the Estradiol. But, that can sometimes cause irregular periods and spotting. There’s no point in your going through that, so we won‘t bother with making any changes.”

LMAO! Think I’m not on Cloud 9 right now?

Sue

Guest Winnowill

*Smiles Brightly*

I know I shouldn't pop in and brag, but JEEZ, that Doc made me feel GOOD and I just couldn't help myself!! I wanted to share that.

I'll also add a lil something that, hopefully, will give some inspiration to others.

While I knew what I *really* was from a young age, I doubted that I could transition and ever really have a life as a woman. I honestly believed that I'd always be seen and treated as trans (and insert some other rather nasty terms, too).

But, I finally got to where my only options were to be myself, or suicide. I made my choice, regardless of what might come..

I was one of the lucky ones. Even at the start, I was only rarely 'read'. Now, almost 1 year into Full Time, well, as you read above, even a doctor sees me as just another woman!

So, don't let self-doubt hold you back.

Sue

• Admin

I'm down for a mammogram on my next physical exam in 6 months. Not my idea of fun, but it is validation. That was one for the brag books though.

• Admin

That's great, Sue. Thanks so much for sharing your story. It made me smile. :D

The doctor's comment reminded me of when I went for my mammogram. The technician was filling out a form, and asked me whether I had begun menopause yet. LOL!

Word of warning, Vicky: don't freak when the technician starts pushing your breasts around in the machine. Geez, was I surprised at that!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie