• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Once And Future Best Friend

Guest notajanedoe

Guest notajanedoe

I've known him for almost twenty years. We laughed, played, and suffered together. I figured if I started anywhere, it had to be with the man I called brother.

I was terrified, as I imagine many are... but I figured the worst he would do would be to avoid me, after. So we went out, to a nice, deserted and peaceful nature trail, and I... procrastinated.

I told him I had something to say. Trying to gauge his reaction, I had him guess, and played a game of 'hot and cold'. You know, getting warmer, getting colder...

About the time he figured I had to be coming out as a baby eating, half-polynesian furry who'd been Gilgamesh in a past life, I figured the game had gone on long enough. I said, 'you've always been proud to call me brother. Would you be proud to call me your sister?'

'But you're not eating babies?'

'Nope.'

'That's all? Geez, now I have to come up with all new material to make fun of you with. Years of wasted effort! Now can we go to the movies, finally?'

I honestly, completely love that man with all my heart. And now I have to go freak him out with details about what 'SRS' entails.

That is so terrific!

You found a whole new approach to coming out! Being trans is nothing compared to a baby-eating furry from Middle Earth!

Congratulations on reaching a big milestone.

All the best to you!

Love, Megan

Guest Alexis Haylee

You know, as i was reading this I was giggling like a little school but when i got to the end it made me cry with joy. You are so lucky to have a friend like that. Thank you i needed a boost.

With Love, Alexis

• Forum Moderator

That is the perfect friend!

Sounds like you are both lucky to have one another

Johnny