• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So Pretty, but Pricy...

Guest MisterB

Guest MisterB

I'm not technically a CD yet, but I plan to start soon. The only problem I have with clothing/wigs/breast forms is the price - especially the breast forms. Is there a site that sells quality CD items cheap? I simply can't afford $100 or more for silicon breasts, and would be very surprised if I could afford anything over $50.

Guest Pammy

there is a breast form store that is a sponsor of this website. I would suggest giving them at least a look-see for the click-through.

There is also a For Sale section here in which you might find a decent set of forms being sold off by someone who no longer needs/wants them. Try eBay and Craig's List too.

Many of us here have tried cheap substitutes for forms. Everybody loves a bargain! Until you use them for a while. I am not aware of anyone who has found forms in that price range that would be considered "keepers". Buy the quality, you won't ever regret it. I can say from personal experience that I have tried a dozen substitutes and been dissatisfied with each, usually for similar reasons. Weight, "feel", leakage, shape... take your pick.

Just my .02 wowrth of advice.

Love

Pam

Guest MisterB

there is a breast form store that is a sponsor of this website. I would suggest giving them at least a look-see for the click-through.

There is also a For Sale section here in which you might find a decent set of forms being sold off by someone who no longer needs/wants them. Try eBay and Craig's List too.

Many of us here have tried cheap substitutes for forms. Everybody loves a bargain! Until you use them for a while. I am not aware of anyone who has found forms in that price range that would be considered "keepers". Buy the quality, you won't ever regret it. I can say from personal experience that I have tried a dozen substitutes and been dissatisfied with each, usually for similar reasons. Weight, "feel", leakage, shape... take your pick.

Just my .02 wowrth of advice.

Love

Pam

I've already taken a look at the sponsor. I guess it isn't expensive for the product, it's just something that I'd have a difficult time paying for. I'll look at the sale section here though; thanks c:

Hi MisterB,

I started off on a low budget too. And breast forms were beyond my ability for quite a while. I focused on those things that others could see first, and held off on breast forms for seemingly forever.

In the meantime, I simply used a pair of old nylons, cutting off about a foot and filling each with about a half-cup of dried lentils and tying the nylon off with a simple knot. (Others have used rice - but it made me itch.) You can use more or less depending on the size, of course - it's fun to experiment!

I used the homemade stocking breast-forms for nearly a year. They were less than perfect, but better than nothing. I was happy to get the breast forms eventually - but I was the only one who knew the difference.

Try not to go too cheap with wigs - there are those $20 ones in stores for parties or halloween, but they look bad and won't last. I was able to get wigs off the internet for $50 and up that were okay. As with most anything, you do get what you pay for.

Best of luck to you! I hope you are able to get what you need soon!

Love, Megan

Guest ~Brenda~

Hon,

Let's not worry about breast forms right now...OK? Focus more on finding clothes that allow you to be yourself. If you have never crossed dressed before then there is much to learn.

Have you shaved your legs or arms yet? There is so much you can do that is free or really cheap.

Bracelettes, earrings, makeup, all play a part in crossdressing.

Start with a simple skirt and evolve from there. Wait until you try heels :) Now that is an experience!

Breastforms and major expence is completely unecessary at your stage. One small step at a time.

Love.

Brenda

Guest MisterB

Hon,

Let's not worry about breast forms right now...OK? Focus more on finding clothes that allow you to be yourself. If you have never crossed dressed before then there is much to learn.

Have you shaved your legs or arms yet? There is so much you can do that is free or really cheap.

Bracelettes, earrings, makeup, all play a part in crossdressing.

Start with a simple skirt and evolve from there. Wait until you try heels :) Now that is an experience!

Breastforms and major expence is completely unecessary at your stage. One small step at a time.

Love.

Brenda

Okay, breast forms aren't a concern - got it.

• Forum Moderator

If you want a good looking cheap look go to Walmart or a similar store and look at Bras. Some are so well padded that they barely need anything under them. We are not the only ones to add a bit.

Hugs, Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Breast forms are usually VERY expensive. If you want them I would suggest that you save a few dollars as you can and as Carlie said WALMART. all kinds of inexpensive clothes, asessories and Padded bras. Don't worry about the bounce, if you dress properly no one will notice unless you over do your cuo size.

Candy Kane

Guest MrMxyzptlk

I made my own from balloons and Knox gelatin. If you use 4 ounces to 1 liter of water the stuff comes out like balistics gel and is stable at room temp. I am planning the Mark III models in my head. I need to figure how to make them less round ball and more flat on one side. I used 1 liter of solution per balloon and they fill out a D cup nicely. I think the next models will be closer to C cups, Ds make me look top heavy. I think I will try and put some kind of cardboard insert between the two balloons so they force the ballon to be flat on the chest side. I just need some time to myself to fix it up.

I also prototyped my foam hips today. I used closed cell foam padding and it's a little too stiff. I think I will redo them in open cell with a stocking over them to smooth them out. Then come up with some method fo fastening them to me. I've just about got the body shape right, now for a good wig. I don't think I can BS that one.