• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

question on body hair

Guest JoannaSydney

Guest JoannaSydney

does any one know how when the body hair starts to go from hrt how does it disappear.does it go away by going back into the skin deep down or as a result of shaving or waxing it just doesnt grow anymore.My concern is that through shaving if it doesnt grow back than it might get stuck flush with the surface and still be present in touch

Guest KarenLyn

First of all, your body hair won't disappear. Your body hair, like facial hair, has a growth cycle. At the end of the growth cycle the old hair is shed. This is a continuous process so you don't notice it. Starting hrt changes the growth cycle of the body hair so that it is much slower. Also, your body hair becomes finer so what does grow is not as obvious.

Karen

Guest MissSiul

Does regular shaving helps after hrt?I'm very hairy,so it worries me to have to get laser all

over my body,beside the face :s

Guest JoannaSydney

First of all, your body hair won't disappear. Your body hair, like facial hair, has a growth cycle. At the end of the growth cycle the old hair is shed. This is a continuous process so you don't notice it. Starting hrt changes the growth cycle of the body hair so that it is much slower. Also, your body hair becomes finer so what does grow is not as obvious.

Karen

Honestly i heard different from people about body hair.That it does disapear over time.One lady at the support group i been too told me her experiance she says its all gone
Guest ~Brenda~

I cannot speak to HRT and hair growth, but what I can speak to is long term body shaving. I am now at the point where my underarms do not grow hair for weeks at a time. I can go for almost a week without shaving my legs and arms. Years ago none of this was true and I had to shave everything every day. I am happy to say that my body now gets it..no body hair :)

When I do need to shave my legs and arms is because the fine hairs start to be uncomfortable.

I love the feeling of bare skin against my clothes :)

Brenda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • VickySGV
    • Carolyn Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • KathyLauren
    • Colleen Henderson
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Michele2
    Newest Member
    Michele2

1. CreepyConfusedKid
      CreepyConfusedKid
      (16 years old)
    2. fuchsadler
      fuchsadler
      (20 years old)
    3. Jamie james
      Jamie james
      (53 years old)
    4. Jennaroxie
      Jennaroxie
      (36 years old)
    5. squish
      squish
    • Colleen Henderson
      I knew at age six - before there was a name for it. I had no one in whom to confide but somehow learned that what felt perfectly natural to me was something to be kept secret.   After spending many decades vacillating between one identity and two, with all of the attendant guilt, confusion, and unrelenting self-analysis, I decided just this year - upon the advice of my wife - to stop leading my life solely for the benefit of others and in fear of what they might think.   I'm unapologetically, confidently, and happily full-time now, at age 81. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      I'm going to explore James Taylor's new album of American "standards."  I hope its as good as I've heard.   Carolyn Marie
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @SolI can't tell you how many natural remedies and recommendations I've seen that include chocolate. 😆 Yeah, it can be pretty helpful, being a natural mood-elevator, aside from the fact it tastes so good.   I always try to wear comfortable clothing during that time and since I get cold easier during that time, I often wear loose soft fabric pants with perhaps a nice jacket or hoodie. As long as my clothing is soft and feels good, I'll generally feel better.   And I'll try to do that more. I usually remind myself that other men are suffering like me and one day I won't have to deal with these anymore, but for me, I'll try to remind myself I'm a cool, tough guy for enduring this terrible malady. Thank you.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @SolYou're welcome. A lot of studies I've seen and anecdotes by trans individuals include this remark about the junk food because of how it can affect the body, especially it's health in those organs I listed. But then again, some of those individuals were really into fitness and if you really can't help it, you shouldn't feel bad if you decide to snack on something or have something a little bit unhealthy sometimes. Don't deprive yourself to the point you start to feel bad. The occasional fruit and veggie once in a while is also fine.   I've heard of WPW before. As long as you're mindful of your condition, you should be fine. Because patches provide gradual transmission rather than an immediate transmission into the blood like actual injection, you should be fine. Just remember to always keep in constant contact with your doctor.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @helenaOnly you know the answer to that. Whether to transition or not, that's your own decision, and when you do, you can decide how far you want to go. And I hate that prospect too: that it's a phase, you'll only regret it once you transition. That's up to the person themselves, not other people. It'll take time but you'll have the courage to do what you want to do. If you're afraid of the procedures or changes that occur when transitioning, you can always look up what happens during HRT and the things to prepare for while you're on it. Yeah, it can be scary at first, but in time, it might be very rewarding. Then you can decide if it's really for you or not. 9 times out of 10, people will know it's for them.   And @RhondaS is absolutely right. Only do what's comfortable for you. Always be mindful and do what makes you happy, regardless of what others think.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @awkward-yet-sweetGreat. Sometimes, even hours after I post something I think about whether I might have said the wrong thing to someone or was a bit too strong. It's just a thing regarding self-monitoring.   I used to get that when I was little but I'm glad I'm nowhere near those people anymore. They used to make me question myself and wonder what I did to make them treat me the way they did. Most people are jealous anyway and just hate to see people being themselves when they themselves are in pain.   Always remember though, as long as you're you and you're fine with yourself, you're never a problem. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @awkward-yet-sweetHmm, I've also been iffy about going to a gym. Since I started exercising, I've been doing it at home. The only reason I would go to a gym is if I wanted to go to get heavier weights- which would be helpful- but the reason I don't go is I get self-conscious when I exercise sometimes. I don't feel like I'm doing the right thing when I get stared at. Also, unless it's a trainer, I don't want to be talked to unless the conversation involves exercise. I don't want to start an awkward conversation. I've been steadily leaving the house more to expose myself to more social situations so I can talk to people normally again. Maybe I can incorporate a gym in the future but as of right now, my home gym- my dojo- is the best. 😂 You don't necessarily need a gym to meet your requirement for activity, but if you do, go to one you feel comfortable at. Regardless, just know people probably don't care that you're there. They will be more concerned about exercising than you exercising. That should help to at least ease any worries about a public gym.   @Spencer PhoenixAwesome. It's always great when you can pass at work. It's also great how you were able to feel euphoric dressing the way you want. All that matters is if you feel happy doing what you do. I bet you have great style. 👍   @Katie23 That was a great story. I imagine it feels really good when a patient remembers you, even if it's been a while. I honestly want to applaud that patient. Just one person who sees you for you is enough to really make your day.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @awkward-yet-sweet Making your own shoes sounds cool. How do you make the moccassins? I've heard of the process of weaving them before using any straw or tree bark you can find, and I've just been interested in the process in general.
    • Russ Fenrisson
      @awkward-yet-sweetAh, lucky! It's rare when I don't feel pain- those are honestly the best times.
    • Ann W
      I quit cigarettes a long time ago, but I was on tour with my band in Arizona and I bought this lighter at a truck stop.  It was just how I felt at the time, doing my first tour since going full time.  Played country music in Prescott, Mesa, and Tucson, and got nothing but praise and compliments...a great boost to my confidence.
    • Davie
      Girls Rock Better because they have better reasons to. Dave Grohl VS Nandi Bushell EPIC Drum Battle - Dead End Friends 
    • Davie
    • Marcie Jensen
      This is a Great Truth. My children's godparents--both born in the north--make this assertion, as do two of my oldest friends, both of whom are very progressive in their politics believe this. They trust the media implicitly. And for the record this is not an attack on progressives, rather it is an observation based on my experience alone. I'm from the south, and Aay time my accent comes out, people assume that I'm an illiterate bumpkin. They get shocked when I tell them I have both an MDiv and a DMin. THen they assume I'm a Bible thumping right wing fanatic; which I'm not.   Stereotypes are all across the spectrum, and they need to go away. People simply need to take folks for waht they are rather than trying to put them into neat little boxes.   Sorry for the rant. THis hits close to home.
    • Jani
      Please stay engaged, fight the urge.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning/afternoon the coffee is gone. Brunch is hitting the table.   Suzie and I are planning out our camping trips for the rest of the year.   It's a good morning.   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.