• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Came out to a friend and no reply

Guest crissy_oakley

Guest crissy_oakley

I came out to a dear friend that I haven't seen in over 3 years. I told her I had made a significant change in my life and referred her to my Facebook page and sent her a pic via text, so she wouldn't think I was trying to pull the wool over her eyes. She hasn't replied yet and it has been over an hour.

crissy

Guest Maria_B

I sometimes not check my phone for half a day, or if I'm driving never. It's hard not to say ''don't be so nervous'' because we all are, but don't dwell on it :) It's bad to make assumptions ^_^

Guest Chrissy6455

I would give it some time, she may not of had a chance to look at your message yet, or maybe she is just taking everything in.

Guest crissy_oakley

We have a long history and a a bit of a back story. I am sure she is taking it all in. If she can't handle it now, I hope she can in time.

crissy

Guest Angelica Alice

If you gave her a pic of you in girl mode then that probably shocked her... did you told her you were transsexual before or after the pic because if you send her the pic without knowing you were transsexual then Im sure shell be confused..

Guest crissy_oakley

Angelica,

I know she is confused and angry. Confused that she never has known that side of me and angry that I never trusted her enough to tell her.

crissy

Guest -=Mila=-

Crissy I have a similar situation. I told my oldest and dearest friend I was MTF around 15 years ago, to which she had an uncomfortable reaction. She didn't dissaprove, but didn't really want to talk about it. She moved away shortly after that.

Several years ago she meekly asked how I was doing with "that situation". I lied to her and said it had just been a phase because I couldn't handle an unfavorable response from someone I cared so much about.

We talk on and off even though she lives far away, and a few days ago I wrote a LOOONG email to her confessing it was not a phase, and explaining everything since my childhood. She did respond but just with one sentence, that she loves and supports me. Since then she has answered no follow up correspondence, and I know she's checked her email, isn't on vacation, etc.

I think, just as you said, she's probably again really confused, and maybe angry. It makes me sad. We have photos together when we were 3. Now we're 33.

-=Mila=-