• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not Sure What To Do

Guest joey

Ok, so my younger brother, Nick, is really smart and he's on this lego robotics team. His team won at regoinal and we r going to state this friday and saturday. (Flint, MI) His team and their parents (and me) r all staying at a hotel friday night. The hotel has a pool and the idea is to let the younger kids to ware themselves out at the pool so they will fall asleep easier. My parents told me I could wear my swim trunks and a tshirt like I always do when I go swimming, but they want me to shave my legs. One of the kids on my brother's team, Erik, was spending the night and came into the room when I was looking up something and I kinda had no choice but to explain it to him. My parents said if I really, really don't want to shave they won't make me but my concern is that if I don't (and I don't want to) one of the kids on the the team will question it and Erik will tell them. Not a big deal to me if they kids on the team know but their parents r the kind of parents that warn their kids when they r just talking about GLBT stuff. I don't think I have a choice here...any thoughts?

Guest J-Walker

Um, last time I checked not every bio girl shaves their legs. There was a girl on my soccer team who only shaved for proms and formal events, and she wore shorts for every game. I honestly don't think the kids are going to go asking if you're transgender because you don't shave. And you can just honestly answer people that you don't feel like shaving if they ask. You shouldn't be forced to do something to your body because your parents are afraid of other parents.

I actually find the whole situation funny because before I was living full time I hated going swimming. XP

Guest confusedfemale

I know you may feel like you don't have options, but you do. I am a biological female, and don't always shave my legs. It sounds like your family is okay with the fact of who you are, and what makes you happy. It's awesome to hear. If you don't want to, then don't shave. Like J-Walker said, not every girl shaves their legs. If you are nervous about what people will think, you can try sitting your family down, and talk to them. Tell them what your worried about. Tell them that if anyone asks (and, I don't think anyone will) to say that you just don't like to. Hope this helps. And, don't worry, you'll be fine!

I have a question. What happens if you shave em and he still tells people? See? I don't think the shaving em means no one will ever know if this kid knows. If he hasn't said anything otherwise, shaving em won't matter either.

And people are actually "investigating" whether or not you shave your legs? lol

It's as been said here, too many other biological females don't shave em. It means zip. "Why aren't your legs shaved?" Answer: "I don't like shaving em." End conversation.

Your folks might be on you about it cuz its just something they can be in the quest to get you to girlify yourself. Of course at what point do you own your body?

Clothes and haircuts I can see parents getting on kids regarding; its the whole "I want society to give you best opportunities based on how it percieves you" argument. But leg hair? lol Thats like saying "I need to put webcams down your socks to keep up with whats going on there". LOL