• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Years to come

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I just got back from seeing my GT and wanted to relate what she said as i was talking about my recent experiences with seeing new people almost every day as Charlie. I have been full time for more than two months now and still keep bumping into people who if they recognize me or if it seems a good time i talk to and explain my new reality. I said i was thinking about my high school reunion at 50 years. I might get a prize for the most changed. Also think i should tell my old friends so their hearts can take the shock. The other turkeys can deal with the heart problems as the mood strikes them.

I was a bit taken aback when she said it will be years and you'll still see folks who knew you as c.....

ugh That's going to take some time to digest. I guess i might as well get used to the questions and comments. It's getting easier and in a few years i'll maybe have it down. Its that or move out of town and i like my farm and home as it is. Get used to it Charlie it's called life. I hope a few of the people who are having problems with questions from others see this and realize that relaxation is the best way of handling this. Can't resent everybody who asks any more than we can change the color of the blanket they first put on us.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest spunky monkey

hello,

i love your outlook on life charlie, i recently had a school reunion i didnt go too and they asked my friend if she had seen me and her reply was yes but he is becoming a she....i didnt know if i should have laughed or cried so i just smiled and said thats nice

i have offically changed your birth blanket too pink, enjoy honey.

love rachelle

• Admin

I coulda told you what the therapist told you if you had asked, and I would hve been cheaper!! I have come close to some people who did not recognize me, but our prior acquaintanceship was based on a particular setting which I am no longer part of and I really have no basis for renewing the relationship, so no loss. If people know you and do not pass out or throw up when the recognize you, then its gonna happen. They will however see that we are happier and nicer to be with. Thats what counts.

• Forum Moderator

Spunky, thanks for the pink blanket. I'll probably pull the fuzz out and tickle my face with it. Most of my old blankets got as bald as me. Vicky darn you, the only reason i went to a gt was because you told me to when i got here. Thanks. I am indeed happier. Angel i always love your hugs and you certainly have to go through an SO version of this. So here's some hugs back.

And while i'm at it:

Hugs,

Charlie