• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Years to come

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I just got back from seeing my GT and wanted to relate what she said as i was talking about my recent experiences with seeing new people almost every day as Charlie. I have been full time for more than two months now and still keep bumping into people who if they recognize me or if it seems a good time i talk to and explain my new reality. I said i was thinking about my high school reunion at 50 years. I might get a prize for the most changed. Also think i should tell my old friends so their hearts can take the shock. The other turkeys can deal with the heart problems as the mood strikes them.

I was a bit taken aback when she said it will be years and you'll still see folks who knew you as c.....

ugh That's going to take some time to digest. I guess i might as well get used to the questions and comments. It's getting easier and in a few years i'll maybe have it down. Its that or move out of town and i like my farm and home as it is. Get used to it Charlie it's called life. I hope a few of the people who are having problems with questions from others see this and realize that relaxation is the best way of handling this. Can't resent everybody who asks any more than we can change the color of the blanket they first put on us.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest spunky monkey

hello,

i love your outlook on life charlie, i recently had a school reunion i didnt go too and they asked my friend if she had seen me and her reply was yes but he is becoming a she....i didnt know if i should have laughed or cried so i just smiled and said thats nice

i have offically changed your birth blanket too pink, enjoy honey.

love rachelle

• Admin

I coulda told you what the therapist told you if you had asked, and I would hve been cheaper!! I have come close to some people who did not recognize me, but our prior acquaintanceship was based on a particular setting which I am no longer part of and I really have no basis for renewing the relationship, so no loss. If people know you and do not pass out or throw up when the recognize you, then its gonna happen. They will however see that we are happier and nicer to be with. Thats what counts.

• Forum Moderator

Spunky, thanks for the pink blanket. I'll probably pull the fuzz out and tickle my face with it. Most of my old blankets got as bald as me. Vicky darn you, the only reason i went to a gt was because you told me to when i got here. Thanks. I am indeed happier. Angel i always love your hugs and you certainly have to go through an SO version of this. So here's some hugs back.

And while i'm at it:

Hugs,

Charlie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 171 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • Ashley0616
    • SamC
    • AmandaJoy
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Amberoni
    Newest Member
    Amberoni

1. Alex2022
      Alex2022
      (20 years old)
    2. cvincent
      cvincent
      (69 years old)
    3. Demorriana
      Demorriana
      (25 years old)
    4. forbiddenforest
      forbiddenforest
      (26 years old)
    5. LoganXB
      LoganXB
    • Mirrabooka
      Yep, I can see that too, especially if satire goes wrong.  I can totally understand why the uneducated hoi polloi think that gender identity and sexual preference (and now, pedophilia) are one and the same, and it weaponizes their bigotry. I touched on this in another thread recently when I asked the question whether the LGBTQIA+ umbrella was actually too inclusive and should be split, in an attempt to stop this sort of nonsense. I don't know the answer; while I think it is important for non-cis and non-het folk to band together, it leaves us wide open to attack.
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!   Sorry I've been absent so much. I truly miss the interaction with you all.    We have a new yellow Lab female puppy in the house as of Saturday so it's a challenge to find time to be here as we get her settled into a schedule, work on housebreaking and training, etc.    So, I'll check in as I can...when I can get a few minutes as she sleeps.   She slept 6 hours last night so we're making progress and we've been attentive to her schedule so no accidents in the house as of now.   She's consistently following the Sit command already - the wonder of puppy treats.    Be safe!!
    • April Marie
      New puppy. New schedule for now.
    • KatieSC
      Yeah, it is a real treat trying to combat the effects of an unwanted male puberty, or unwanted female puberty. Who will supply these kids with funding when they try to transition as adults? Insurance companies do everything they can to weasel out of paying for facial surgery, voice/speech therapy/voice surgery, and electrolysis. Not to mention the pain we all go through with these procedures that we may not have to endure as much with proper care at an early age. I cringe at what the next trans generations are going to face. The governor and his ilk, are typical of these super-majority R led states. Unless there is a huge change in the next 6 months, I am fearful of where things are heading. I feel like more bad stuff will unfold. I do not think they are done crucifying us. 
    • Ladypcnj
      Feels like I'm walking on eggshells, when I'm the nicest, kindest hearted person anyone would hang out with. 
    • Davie
      Cool. We had none in Boston, but my sister-in-law took this on an island near Seattle,  
    • Davie
      Cool. We had none in Boston, but my sister-in-law took this on an island near Seattle,  
    • Davie
    • Heather Shay
    • Willow
      Good morning    Work day today, no pool time, and no dress.  Just a uniform top and slacks.   Thank you for asking about my wife, @Ashley0616 , she is improving all the time and getting anxious to be rid of the med vac.  She keeps telling people a couple mor weeks be even with the speed at which she is recovering, I think that is more wishful than reality.   i received both compliments about my dress as well as my ability to speak before the congregation.  My little frog was right there with me but then he is a permanent resident in my voice.  Some days worse than others and I never know until I start speaking.  Maybe I need a frog exorcism.  Oh our church doesn’t do that.  Shucks.   well the humidity is coming back today along with possible rain and warmer weather.   I guess a lot of you are getting hit with smoke from Canada again this year. I recall last year you could see and smell it here.  It a shame to loose so many trees when we need them for climate control.  I was surprised to learn the South Carolina was the largest producer of wood in the states. We have a great deal of wet and swamp land that the plant and harvest and plant again.  While some makes it to the mills to become construction material, mose goes to one of several paper mills.  Those trees are clear cut and trucked to the mills to be cleaned mulched and processed along with recycled paper.the closest mill to here makes brown board which become packaging material like corrugated cardboard.   i guess we have rather ideal conditions for southern pine tree growing.  That along with cotton, rice indigo, tobacco and cash food crops fruits and vegitables and pecans, can’t forget the nuts.  You can take that more than one way and be right.   enjoy you day whether at work or at play.   Willow
    • Heather Shay
      Have you set any summer plans yet?
    • MirandaB
      I wasn't really aware of an emotional roller coaster possiblity when I started.    A few days in I realized i had been living with some tension that I was able to ignore until it went away. One morning it was just 'why I do I feel better than usual'?   So I googled around and found that it was possible to have such a result, I was thinking it would just take time for physical effects to work on my emotions.   Some talk about finally being able to cry, I have always been an excellent crier, so on HRT I cry REALLY hard.   But laughing was never really that easy for me, and now I laugh out loud way more often. Love that part of the roller coaster. 
    • Heather Shay
      Met dear friend felt in heaven.
    • Heather Shay
      Satisfaction Satisfaction. The feeling when something meets or exceeds your expectation. You feel satisfaction when you expected to get something, and then got it.
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.