• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Large size shoes and heels

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I know there was a thread about this but I can't seem to find it! Ugh.

I have big feet. In women's, I have been able to fit into a size 16. I have noticed as the leather of the shoe gets a little more broken in, the shoe feels a little loose in the heel so maybe in some styles I should go down to a 15? I dunno.

Anyway, I'm looking for some nice, classic, low heels. I would say no more than 3" heels and a chunky heel preferably. I want to learn how to walk in heels so a low chunky heel or maybe a wedge would be good, too. I remember a post here at one time warning about the sizes of Pleasers but I cannot remember what the advice was or who said it.

Any good online stores you've shopped from that carry large size shoes? My last two pairs of shoes came from Dreamshoes.com but I don't see anything in my size there that really catches my eye. I was all set to buy a pair of really cute 3" chunky heel Mary Janes from this site called BeverlyHeels.com until I looked up reviews and I decided against it.

Anyway, your help would be appreciated, ladies.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Lizzie!

I remember that old thread, don't know where it went but I do know that Pleasers run very small and narrow on the order of 2 sizes too small.

I find a lot of good shoes in larger sizes on Endless.com.

Good Luck.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Lizzie,

I haven't had to shop for your size shoes, but did want to pass on a bit of helpful info: I buy heels that are at least a size smaller than the flats that I get. Lucky for me, that means I can get size 11 heels. And, I even found a pair of 10's last fall that were good. I've not been so lucky with finding flats - size 12's are much less common than 11 or 10. That's the secret of why I'm always in heels!

Anyway - if you find what you like in a 15 - I'd give it a try. You might like it!

Love, Megan

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well I was a little nervous. I looked up how to measure your shoe size and followed the directions and found out my inches (turns out my foot is...a foot.) So anyway I looked up my size in inches and according to about.com's sizing, my men's size is a 14 and my women's is about a 13, again just based on these measurements. So I went to barefoottess.com and they had this really cute pair of wedge heels in my size. well I read their measurements and they said the shoe runs large so order a size smaller. So to be safe, I went with a size 14 just in case. Even if they're large I could send them back for a smaller size. if they're too small I could most likely exchange them for a different shoe. They also had a 25% off sale going on.

So I'm a little nervous because I've grown up wearing a men's 15 so I've always done my conversion measurements from that but according to the measurements I did, assuming my measuring was accurate, I'm a size or two smaller than that. Granted wearing socks adds a size and I plan to wear these without socks so I'm hoping I did this right.

Anyway, we shall see when these shoes arrive how well they fit. I hope they fit perfect because they're really cute. I guess I'll see how it goes once they arrive.

It's a shame Pleasers run 2 sizes small because they too have some really cute styles. :(

Guest Gwendolyn Elizabeth

nordstrom rack had a few shoes in 13 and 14 the last time i was there. I think i might have seen a few heels among them. The funny thing is that i always got my mens shoes too big. I used to always buy a mens 10 1/2 or 11, but now i wear a womens 11 and i have 2 pairs of 10 wides.