• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

if i worked out enough, could i lose my feminine physique?

Guest Nolan

Guest Nolan

For years ive been struggling with finding out who i actually am as a person, and that came with low self esteem issues, depression, and sadly weight gain. Because of this its made me curvier, which is something ive always hated when i looked into the mirror. Unfortunitely for me its also genetic. Ive dreamed about having a more androgynous appearence, and i hope that through exercise and weight lifting it would take away the curves and give me the lean, powerful physique ive always wanted. But is it possible to even do that?

Guest adanie46

Anything is possible with time and a lot of work. I've seen so many before and afters that are solely exercise. There are great ways to get started online. Bodybuilding workouts are my favorite because of the lean muscle you can build.

Good luck, and keep your head up!

• 1 month later...

It would be hard to say how much you can change from your post, but yes, in general you can drastically change your appearance with the right exercise program and diet. You can also emphasis certain body parts to minimize the appearance of others.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SusanB

High reps of lower wieght will help you tone up your muscles

Even with more weight and lower reps it will help

• The hottest looking woman i know is a body builder

Have you had any luck looking into it yet, Nolan?

I just finished planning an exercise routine for myself yesterday. I didn't have any idea of where to start, and I don't own anything other than some free weights, but I found that Stumptuous.com has some good advice and routines. I adapted this free weight routine to accomidate for the fact that I don't have access to a gym or fitness center. I also don't own a barbell (just two dumbbells), so I replaced some exercises with alternatives I found at ExRx.com. ExRx is pretty awesome because it lets you sort through exercises by muscle groups, and the exercise entries have little animations, so you have a better idea of what to do. :)

If you're as sedintary as I am, I'd recommend starting with a basic routine first, to get ready. I prepared by following this routine for a while.

(Planning a healthy diet is also important, but I can't help you there!)

• Forum Moderator

For me finding what I really liked and doing that instead of going to a gym or even using the exercise equipment I do have works best. I am on T and it does make a big difference but it's really more a matter of degree and how you metabolize your nutrition that the T affects I think. I hike cross country over 100 hours a month and have gone from well over 60 inches in the bottom-I quit measuring at 64 inches-to 34 1/2 while my shoulders are 48 inches around now. I do some upper body toning exercises every day during my hikes using the trees as equipment. Of course I modified my eating too and lost a lot of weight but the exercise was the real key to that too. I started with swimming daily for 4 months to strengthen the muscles enough to be able to walk and hike. Then built up how long I went each day.

You can definitely change your body with exercise. No need to go as extreme as I did- I am 65 and had a lot of muscle atrophy as well as metabolism slowing to overcome. Someone younger and healthier could do it in much less time I'm sure. But the key is to make it something you enjoy-swimming, hiking or whatever. You can determine what type of muscles you develop by what type of exercises you choose. Walking, hiking, swimming, running all develop longer leaner muscle than weight training.

you just need to focus on the areas that you want to change.Check out some workouts on youtube,there are so many i could not suggest one..The other this it make a huge difference in what you eat and drink. Change to a more health way one week and i garentee that next week you will see a change,but make sure you are eating not starving yourself..... good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 153 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • EasyE
    • Vidanjali
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • KymmieL
    • Wes
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ArtavikenGenderflui
    Newest Member
    ArtavikenGenderflui

1. Adele Svetova
      Adele Svetova
      (25 years old)
    2. BROOKSGLASS
      BROOKSGLASS
      (34 years old)
    3. FinnyFinsterHH
      FinnyFinsterHH
      (16 years old)
    4. fool4luv
      fool4luv
      (26 years old)
    5. itsaddison
      itsaddison
      (20 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It is unfamiliar, therefore threatening.   For 90% or so of the population, gender id can be simply and quickly determined by a quick anatomical observation.  They have no understanding and cannot imagine what it would mean to have a body different from the id.  It is unimaginable.  Therefore, wrong.   So there is this strong headwind.   I haven't entered this discussion, but here is a script: A: I can't imagine what it must be to have TG. B: You're a man, right? A: Well, of course. "amused" B: Imagine you were required by law and custom to wear women's clothing all the time. A: It wouldn't happen. B: Okay, but for the sake of the argument... A: That would be disgusting.  I would be very uncomfortable. B: You have it.  That is what TG people go through all the time. 24-7-365. A: Really? B: And then they are told they are perverts for having those feelings.  The same you just described. A: I see. B: And someone comes along and tells you you need conversion therapy so you will be comfortable wearing women's clothing all the time. A: I think I would break his nose. B: You understand transgender folk better than you think.
    • EasyE
      I have found some people correlate TG = child predator ... just as some have correlated homosexual = child predator...    I am baffled by the TG = unsafe connection ... my wife tends to think this way, that this is all about sexual deviancy ... I try to ask how my preference for wearing frilly socks with embroidered flowers and a comfortable camisole under my lavender T-shirts is sexually deviant (or sexual anything) but I don't get very far... 
    • EasyE
      Best wishes to you as you take this step ... many blessings to you! 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Not sure.  The perp is a minor.  The problem here is NOT transgender, the problem here is incompetent and criminal administration.  See https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/family-of-loudoun-co-student-sexually-assaulted-ineptitude-of-all-involved-is-staggering/3231725/ It is more than annoying that people think the problem here is TG and that other people think the solution is some stupid statewide law.  Like an appendectomy to deal with an ingrown toe nail.    Since Loudon, I recall a boy was asked not to use the girl's restroom at a high school by one of the girls.  He, overwhelming her with height and weight,  assaulted her, claiming he had a right to be there.   Later I think eight girls beat him severely in another girl's restroom.  Again the problem is not transgender, the problem is assaults in restrooms and common courtesy.  TG is used as a smokescreen and it seems to paralyze thought among administrators who do not want to do anything to provoke controversy.
    • VickySGV
      Time to get with your Primary Care doctor and be referred to a neurologist or an orthopedist.  It could be many things, too many for any of us here to guess at. 
    • Mmindy
      Other than the Boy Scout motto, oath, and law. I use two:   When asked how I'm doing? In all honesty I reply. I would have to make something up to complain. If asked to explain further: I reply. I know someone is having a tougher time than I am, and I pray God blesses them.   I also recite this quote that I have tagged in my signature: Courage, doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."-Unknown    Saying these things daily keep me motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Abigail Genevieve
      If this goes on, I am conceding the real possibility of being stopped in WM or somewhere by a concerned citizen who tells me, "Lady, God made you female.  I don't think you should be trying to look like a man. You need to return to your true gender and be comfortable living your life out as a woman."   Begin odd and awkward conversation.  I have been thinking about this this morning.
    • Mmindy
      That's great @Lorelei   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Abigail Genevieve
      There are many MAGA GOP types who are not transphobes, of course. Some MAGA GOP types are transgender.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm hoping to read the next section today.  Many of the reforms they are calling for are good, such as expediting the military procurement process, and have nothing to do with transgender issues.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Well my friend quit talking me
    • atlantis63
      I wanted to create a thread about this   Eurodance act from sweden. very good. love his stuff   worth a listen if you never have
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon,    I have a young friend who is vegetarian and married to a full on meat eater. They have two areas of their grill clearly designated for their different cooking requirements. When she’s cooking she uses tongs or chopsticks to handle any meats. When he’s cooking he respects her request not to cook her meals on the side where meat has been. They get along fine and respect each other.    When she attends our house, she usually brings her own food, but knows I will clean my grill to meet her requirements. We love and respect her commitment to be vegetarian. I love that she trusts me to make her comfortable when visiting us. There are ways to make it work.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • atlantis63
      I was going to call it Numbness, then I realised well.. it isn't. basically, yeah, it isn't.   this only happens to me sometimes. I'll be lying down and my legs will.. well, I guess lock?   If I straighten them out, they will unlock- when I roll over again, they will lock again. this lasts for around 10/ 15 minutes I guess   it's not pins and needles either
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.