• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why Does Nobody Care???

Guest SanctuaryKitten

Well Pauline,

We seem to have a bit of a connection going on here, so anytime you are feeling down - you can send a general post, being a moderator I can find it and approve it or you can send a PM, I'll be glad to help you any way I can!

I may not have ever had problems with alcohol, but I seem to be battling a Chicken Fried Steak Addiction that is really tough to kick!

What I mean is you have a friend, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold or just a sympathetic ear.

And don't forget the wonderful people in the alcohol and drug abuse forums who have been ther.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest SanctuaryKitten
I'm sorry, did you say that you had to leave? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Did they ask you to leave? Or did you leave becuase they made you feel uncomfortable?

I don't care who has a problem with it, if you are there for sobriety don't ever ever ever ever let anyone keep you from it, for any reason. You have every right to be there.

Are there other meetings in your area you could try attending?

i just didn't feel comfortable, because my mom came and called me my 'son' one night picking me up. she always does this, and i'm not normally too angry with her about it though, just embarrased (she's been very slow coming around, but is now 65. i i hope she accepts me someday as a women, and my dad too). However after that AA meeting night, my sponsor told me over the phone there was a "problem" that i came across as a women, as she hadn't known, and she wished i had told her and others i was a man. i was just too hurt and embarassed to go back.

also, i was going to a mental health center for quite a long time in this town, but they kept calling me by my first name, and i don't think i was even allowed to attend women's groups. and one time the main facilitator called me a man, and again, its hard to want to go back, cuz i always end up feeling stupid.

That's why i need the LGTB specific groups for AA and support. once i move, it'll be much better i hope.

Guest Elizabeth K

Arbon chill baby chill :o

Pauline left on her own. We have just been beggin' her to come back! She was posting in an area a lot of us don't use too often - to our shame. :blush:

Everything is fine dear... :P

So Pauline it is. Don't feel bad if your mom calls you son, she was there in the beginning. It is hard for parents to adjust to new things in their lives. My mom could never get my name correct, always called me one of my brothers names. She's gone and it would be nice to hear her call me anything even "That One".

Once again welcome back and" like the cat that came back the very next day" don't begone more than 24 hrs..... Welcome back hugs,,,Mia.

Elizabeth, I was talking about the AA meetings.

Pauline - I understand the embarrassment you felt. I am sorry to hear about it. Anyway, AA meetings can be uncomfortable enough as is, without that.

Have you tried some on-line meetings? I sometimes attend some online chat meetings that are good. And there, no one knows any different.

Still, if it was not for that incident, how did you feel about the meetings? Did you like the meeting, was it helpful, are there other people in the meeting you could maybe talk to?

Guest SanctuaryKitten

Pauline - I understand the embarrassment you felt. I am sorry to hear about it. Anyway, AA meetings can be uncomfortable enough as is, without that.

Have you tried some on-line meetings? I sometimes attend some online chat meetings that are good. And there, no one knows any different.

Still, if it was not for that incident, how did you feel about the meetings? Did you like the meeting, was it helpful, are there other people in the meeting you could maybe talk to?

yes, i'm going to try the online meetings, starting with the one i heard there is here on sundays. No, the prior AA weren't all that helpful prob because of the underlying issue that always makes me drink in the first place. I need to take away the pain of not having a female body. When i get the urge to self-harm, its impossible to control, even if help is all around me. I know i can really hurt myself when i drink, and thats always why i do it :(

Robin has been chairing the meeting here. She is great to talk to. I have been going, though missed last week.

If you need to talk or have questions let me know.

Guest cerise

That's Great your here . Part of doing the steps required that I found a sponsor I could talk about being transgendered and how it affect my drug and alcohol use as well how my little secret effected those around me . In short I found someone I could discuss this with and he was the first person that I allowed into my world .

Living in Vancouver helped .

I did a pretty good step 5 with this person and am the better for it .

At least a third of that step 5 was about being transgendered MTF and it's role in my relationships with women .

Guest Elizabeth K

OOOOOps sorry - too quick on the trigger I apologise - stupid-stupid-stupid :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Irielle

Hi Pauline, I just found this thread this evening. I'm sending you another welcome and hope you are doing well.

Did you find a group you are comfortable attending? Although I have never been a drinker I did attend some AA and Al-Anon meetings to support some friends. I can see how you could be uncomfortable but I also saw how that went away after people attended more meetings. These were meetings for GLBT people, are there any in your area?

I wish we weren't treated like we were from Mars but hang in there. Follow your heart and the ones who love you and care for you will follow. :)

Irielle

Guest CharliTo

*hug*

Sry girl, I haven't checked up on you lately... I have been having my own troubles lately.

I hope you'll find anoher place to go to...there should be NO REASON for a place like AA or any support group to make you feel uncomfortable....

I hope you had a good time at the one here. *hug again*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angelgrlsue

Hello Kitten

You are not alone in this. I'm a recovering alcholic and drug user. You are in the right place honey. Not so long ago I cried for help here and recieved an over abundance of loving and caring people to help me throught the tough times. I am here for you as well as others that are extending their hand out to you.

Suzie