• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Think She Know

Guest leo

so me and my mum were chatting about random stuff and i was disagreeing with a lot and we started to get a little annoyed at each other. i cant remember how it came about, but she said "what are you planning to be a boy or something"

alarms go off in my head, what shall i do?! but i thought id be brave and i said "yes"

and she said "even if your planning to takes years of psychological anaylsis and such"

we left it at that but im not sure if she took me seriously or not cus she asked sarcastically, and me not being sure is the worst feeling in the world right now

any views/comments?

Dear Leo,

I'm afraid that the only advice that I can give is - wait a bit and see. If she thinks that you were in the least bit serious, she will have to bring it up again in the next few days. At this point, if she took you seriously she is thinking about it - time for once is your friend. The more she thinks about it the more she realizes that it is important to you.

Only time will tell, if in a week or so if she hasn't mentioned anything about it - you will have to ask her if she had understood what you had said and knows that you are serious.

Good luck and have courage,

Sally

I actually had that same question thrown out glibly once. I think its actually on your side that she did. At least now its not an entirely foreign idea. And if (you never know with mothers) she gets "stunned" in the future that you're transitioning you can always refer back to it.

And btw, what is the timeline in the U.K.? Start to finish, shortest possible time. Here in the U.S. Its about 2 years for an FtM figuring that the first year is required RLT to be approved to get SRS and the SRS itself if you elect a phallo that has multi stages takes 8 months approx.(assuming you're rich of course.)

things work a little differently here i think, but atm i dont know much, still waiting to be refered!

but sergei (think thats how you spell his name) knows a lot more then me and likes in the u.k

look for the thread i started on any ftm in the uk and hes commented in there

finally got my letter today,

i gotta go hospital for an assessment next month so that will be my next step

im really worried though because i don't know how i should act/say"

I won't try to give you advice on what to say since I'm not in the U.K. and don't want to botch it :P But, one thing is universal:

GOOD LUCK. And I'll be paying attention as you go along so that I can learn.