• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Relocated To A New State

Guest bronx

I just recently moved to a new state after I had started my transition in a the state I was born, where everyone new who I was, and watched me change in front of there eyes. When I was home I had some arguments trying to explain my self and sometimes I was outed. (hated that) but it was home. Now I'm in a different place I'm passing 100% and know one knows my past. Before I moved here I had my name and gender changed on all my ID. I'm getting married to the love of my life in a few months and I feel alone. What to do?

Guest Karen-1954

First, know that you are not alone, if nothing else, we are on;y a few key strokes away. Next, moving to a new state is tough but, at least the friends you make will know you for who you are and not who you used to be. Good luck, my thoughts are with you.

Welcome to Texas and the forum! As you are new to the forum Donna Jean and I usually like to offer the cup of Hot Cocoa and a cookie. However since you are a male (and tend to eat more) and are now a part of the Great Chicken Fried Nation, I'll offer you a pitcher of Iced Tea and a Chicken Fried Steak - a hearty if somewhat unhealthy 'snack'.

When you feel lalone - kust send a message, like Karen said - you may have noticed that we are both from Texas, too!

Take off your boots (they did give you a pair when you arrived, didn't they?) and relax!

Love ya,

Sally

Wait, there's chicken fried steak here and you ladies are just mentioning it? (casts a definate look at Donna Jean, then Sally) Sally, you're forgiven since you bring it up eventually.....Donna Jean(I'm only playing with you).....we gotta talk.

Bronx, I would say take your time and build your new world. The last time I lived somewhere other than where I was born, I was actually happy, content, and fulfilled when I had a well chosen, new, familly of friends. Its while you're without them that it feels so "alone" there. If you in fact had a good relationship with your biological kin but for the transitioning issues, try at least making some sort of peace with them without re-moving. The lack of bad feelings will do wonders to alleviate feeling as though you "miss" them being close by. If you did not have close relationship then you probably are feeling a twinge for what you "wish had been" , admit it and it'll be easier to put to rest. If you truely needed to "get away from there in order to be happy", I would try doing these things (and any others suggested or thought up) to work through what you're feeling, moving back there won't make anything any better and will only make you miserable again. I ended up back in my home city (not by choice <_< ) and since then have been little except unhappy about it.

Guest Donna Jean

Evan Said:

Wait, there's chicken fried steak here and you ladies are just mentioning it? (casts a definate look at Donna Jean, then Sally) Sally, you're forgiven since you bring it up eventually.....Donna Jean(I'm only playing with you).....we gotta talk.

Dang it, Sally...now Evan knows about the chicken fried steak! <_<

Oh, you Texans!!! :mad:

Miffed Donna Jean :P

I'm sorry about mentioning the chicken fried steak - don't anybody be angry!

The point here is to make Bronx feel welcome.

If you like a little humor mixed in with your advice, Bronx, you have come to the right place! we have a tendency to try to bring a little light into our lives because some people come here from very dark places. YOu have made it here and we are more than willing to help in any way that we can.

As you can tell by the exchanges between Donna Jean, Evan and myself (and several others in other threads) we become pretty close here. If you psot a lot for a while and then don't for a few days - someone most likely will send you a PM to be sure that you are alright. Think of us as your extended family (slightly disfunctional at times, but basically very loving and caring).

Now I have to go make a chicken fried steak for Evan and appologize to Donna Jean!

Love ya and do feel free to ask anything at all,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Bronx...Nice to have you here..everyone here is nice and helpful and really caring. We all try to help each other and we have a wonderful community here! I hope you'll stick around and join in some...I see that you've already met some of the people that help make this site what it is ..a safe and comfortable place to come ....

You'll have to have my cookies for desert after that chicken fried steak :P I put fresh chocolate chips in them....

Kick back, enjoy and join in....wonderful that you're here!

Donna jean

Thany you everyone for being soo kind. I needed that. Yeah I plan on being around for a while, when I was at home I never got involved with the trans community, I knew a few guys but that was it. It's nice to be home.

A.S.

We are glad to have you here in the community and also in the state of confusion (Texas). :huh:

We all make jokes about Texas, some because they dislike it and others because they love it - much like transsexuals, there just doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Seriously, when you think that you are ready for some Chili, make sure that your computer can take the heat and Karen and I will send you of the 'good stuff'! :D

I don't know what she was talking about with that chicken fried bacon - I'm still trying to get rid of left over chicken fried yams from Thanksgiving! :lol:

I noticed you sent a hello in another thread, so hello again!

Love ya,

Saly

Oh Lucky You!

I always did all of the cooking even when I was married!

How does your wife like it here in Texas? Where is she from?

Come on you, know we just want to know a little more about you - I'm a musiciian and photographer, what do you do for fun and or work (some people are lucky enough to do both at the same time)?

Don't ever tell us more that you want us to know, we're freindly - not nosey!

Love ya,

Sally

Well my wife is from NY, but she left to come to TX when she was about 16. Her mother and grandmother live here as well. She came back to NY in 2003 to work in the food industry because she wanted the NY experience on her resume. We met at work. I tend to work in the front of the house of resturants, I deal with people a great deal and must have knowledge about food. However right now I'm unable to work. In macrch and then again in april of this year I had 2 open-heart surgeries, and I'm slowly getting back to my old self. So I will be looking for work in the beginning of the new year doing somthing less tiring, maybe coustomer service or some sales. I like working with people and making them smile. As for fun I read alot and I love to hangout with my littleman (my cat) he's my buddy. So how hot does TX get. And by the way can't wait for some good BBQ.

Guest Jackson

Welcome, bronx! I hope you're doing well after the two open-hearts. Whoa. That's quite an achievement.

Y'all have to stop with all the food talk. I'm starving and this is just making it worse.

Chicken fried steak, chicken fried bacon, country gravy. That's gotta be heaven.

So Texas is the great state of confusion? Sounds similar to what I've heard about South Carolina: "Too small to be a country, too big to be an insane asylum." You gotta love the South. Sadly I'm stuck up in America's Dairyland with all the cheese and beer. Wait a sec. That ain't so bad after all. We've got deep fried cheese curds.

Maybe we should cut back a bit on the fried foods a bit - 2 open heart proceedures! I'll make some B-B-Q, but I'll drain the grease. :D

How hot does it get, hhmmm get yourself comfortable and sit down, I don't mean to shock you dut the average through most of the summer is around 95 degrees. But it depends on where you are highs can range from 93 in some areas to over 110 in others. We have had summers so hot and long that people sold "I survived the summer of ... " T shirts (I don't remember the year about '95 I think with 61 consecutive days over 100 degrees), obviously I do not work closely with the Texas Tourist Information Beureau! :lol:

The last couple of years haven't been too bad, but if you don't like the weather in Texas - wait about 15 minutes, it'll change!

I don't want to scare you, so look on the bright side - winters are very short and not too bad at all.

Love ya,

Sally