• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Guest Maria_B

Guest Maria_B

Have you ever noticed that whenever someone refers to or cites something mentioning Alice slaying the Jabbawockee, they refer to her as him?

Just an interesting observation, I thought :3.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chrysee

Hadn't noticed that. Roger Ebert did say that had the 'last act' (the slaying of Jabber and the banishing of the director's girlfriend) been omitted, it would have been a better flick. It's like the line in Amadeus, when Salieri tells Mozart that he doesn't give the people a crash at the end so they'll know when to applaud. Ebert felt that the final act of Alice was that crash and was Burton going chicken and toeing the Hollywood line.

I own an incredible version of Alice that was filmed in b&w by the BBC back in the dark ages. It stars Peter Sellers and Sir John Gielgud. And the soundtrack was written and performed by Ravi Shankar!!

Very Hippie.

And on the same dvd is a made for t.v. biopic of Lewis Carroll at the time in his life when his son rose and set on Alice. It's so cool to watch the bio and then go straight to Wonderland.

have a good one,

Cissy Priscilla

Guest Maria_B

I don't think so. The entire movie lead to the closure. Perhaps if the movie was lead differently, it'd of been better to omit.

Personal opinion, of course :P

Guest Chrysee

Either way, I adored the film.

I must say that I'm not really looking forward to Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto in Burton's upcoming Lone Ranger flick. I mean what next:

"Special Sauce: The Ronald McDonald Story"

starring Johnny Depp

????????????