• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Men's pants for female pear shape?

Guest PaintedWingss

Guest PaintedWingss

So, I'm a bigender FAAB person, and I'm a pear shape. I have large hips and thighs that my guy mode keeps forgetting exist, especially when shopping for pants and jeans. I know I wear a 38 waist, 30 length, but what about style or brand for my body type, since, last I checked, very, very few guys have my problem. I actually just bought a pair of jeans that fit me very well, but I've never found them again. They were Op Bootcuts 38X30.

Any suggestions for styles or brands to sniff out without looking like I gained 10 pounds?

i did an experiment one day at the store. I'd tried on various mens jeans, to see how they fit me.. you know, some fit better than others even if they are the right size.. they have different style cuts, and matierials.

i thought i wonder how much this differs from womens jeans anyhow? Not the ultrahip huggerette styles..just the average normal womens jeans. Levis etc. I was kind of surprised. the regulat cut mens and the regula cut womens n the same brand, was about the same; i couldnt notice a difference. they didnt fit me better (because i have hips) they werent worse, fit about the same.

yeh I've known some tall thin women who like mens jeans because they say they fit their shape better. Maybe just theyre taller so they find mens jeans are easier to find in their length is all it is, i dont see the real difference.

when i was younger i had normal average size pants for a guy..i was usually a 32 by 32 or 20 by 31, something like that. if i wewanted them baggier id fgo for the 34 waistes then. very common size for mens pants anywhere. but later i gained weight and so not its not so easy to find things that fit right. but kids these days who are actually a 32 waiste buy the 40's and over sizes to make them realll baggy.

fashion trends repeat, they used to wear big baggy pants in the 40s.

try the relaxed fit jeans, especially if theyre in a stretch material. that material breathes nicer than some of the cotton/poly mixes.

--and NOT the pleated baggy front dockers. they make you look like a baloon unless youre very slender.

Britania was a good brand for general jeans for those with hips.. always likes levis and some others.. you just have to try them on, sometimes they have a special cut. dont get straight leg, or boot leg for example.

• Forum Moderator

When I was a 38 X 30 I haunted the thrift stores so I could try on all the ones my size and find what fit best, At that point T had not fully eradicated the thunder thighs and bubble butt I so hated and finding jeans was a real challenge. (Not that you have then-we are all different even at the same size-but I did).

Since it is often impossible to tell men's jeans from women's except for the extra room in the seat for jeans like Lee and Wranglers I found jeans that fit without having to venture into the loathed women's section. I never knew if they were mens or not-just that they fit and felt good

Saved a lot of money too and got that slightly worn look in my jeans I way prefer over new.

Johnny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 250 Guests (See full list)

• Birdie
    • Sophie111
    • Mmindy
    • JenniferB
    • Petra Jane
    • Lorelei
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MossycupMolly
    Newest Member
    MossycupMolly

1. Angelo christoper
      Angelo christoper
      (38 years old)
    2. Joslynn
      Joslynn
      (61 years old)
    3. Kaltia_Atlas
      Kaltia_Atlas
    4. Rika_Lil
      Rika_Lil
      (40 years old)
    5. Summerluv
      Summerluv
      (19 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to TransPulseForums @gizgizgizzie    I hope you find this place as helpful as I do. I’m also in a slow transition living in the androgynous world. I’m out to my grown children and my extended family with mixed support from them. Some have cut me out of their lives and others want me to be their flamboyant family member.    Best wishes, stay positive and motivated    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Davie
      To escape Gaza is already an achievement. And then to be trans?’: the women defying national and gender boundaries. https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/16/yolande-zauberman-documentary-the-belle-from-gaza-cannes-film-festival
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Accidents happen.  So do heat-of-the-moment murders, without premeditation or trans-related hate.  It will take a trial to really figure it out.     One thing we can see from this is that it is people in our circles of acquaintances, friends, and partners who are the ones who usually hurt us.  Not someone random. We have to be careful who we trust.
    • ClaireBloom
      You look so cute in that pic Ashley!  
    • Birdie
      A bit of bra humour...
    • Mirrabooka
      Friday May 17th is IDAHOBIT (International Day Against HOmophobia, BIphobia and Transphobia).   Do you acknowledge or celebrate it? Do you do anything special for it, like taking part in any organized events or activities?   I'm not an activist and I prefer to fly under the radar, but I am slowly becoming aware of important dates. I have been aware of the date of IDAHOBIT for a few weeks now, but other important 'rainbow' dates have not been etched into my brain yet.    I will wear my favorite pride t-shirt as a token acknowledgement of the day, but it probably won't be seen; cool weather here will mean that it will be hidden under a sweater.    
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      Happiness for me comes from being cognizant of the things that make me feel good.   Sunshine.   Pandering to my inner woman.   Knowing that some people in my life really 'know' me.   Vacations, and Eggs Benedict at an alfresco cafe.   My wife and I being telepathic.   Grandchildren.   Music.   Wine!    
    • Ivy
      True.  Every trans death is not a hate crime. There is so much hate expressed by some people, that we kinda get to expect it.
    • KymmieL
      happiness to me is being ME. At all times, and it has yet to happen.
    • Vidanjali
      Hello & welcome, giz! Your post makes me remember how excited I was to join here too. I also had queer friends at the time I joined, but any of my trans friends lived a long distance away. So most local queer friends are gay & I felt uncomfortable coming out to them bc I couldn't assume they'd understand genderqueerness. So it was a thrill to join here and immediately have access to do many wonderful, genuine, kind & thoughtful friends-to-be.   Are you saying you're concerned that if you come out to your queer friends that somehow your parents will find out?     My love, I just want to affirm that that's not a weird dysphoria. It's just dysphoria. And we definitely get it. You're in good company here!     Look forward to seeing you around here & getting to know you. I shoot for androgynous appearance as well, leaning towards masculine.   Hope you're having a splendid day!
    • Heather Shay
      Listening to a YouTube mix for me and this song came up and I immediately fell in love again and just want to play music with like minded musicians playing OUR music and feel the joy and fulfillment even if no one else gets it. I love to fall into the music....  
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums, giz! We’re so happy you found us. You’ll find lots of information and many wonderful people here. Each of us is unique but we all share similarities as well. Look around, ask questions and join in where you feel comfortable!
    • Heather Shay
      NPR tiny desk winner 2024 - REALLY ENJOYED - simple song with wonderful melody, retro sound, reminds me of Billy Preston....  
    • Heather Shay
      What is happiness for you?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.