• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My congressman Akin

Guest Melissa~

Guest Melissa~

He has stepped in it. He, along with the antics of last years presidential primary are what drove me out of the republican party. The republican parties actions after the 2010 congressional victory have been highly unsavory. Akin is eyeball deep in the religious takeover of the republican party. He had presidential ambitions too, Finlay that threat is over.

Damage done

http://fox2now.com/2...to-jaco-report/

Damage control

http://fox2now.com/2...ance-all-media/

He has lost almost 10 million dollars of campaign funding in the last 24 hours. As well as woken the statewide constituents on his stances, something I've acutely aware of. His office is a black hole for mail I send him, I think they just file it in the round receptacle when they see my address on mail anymore. The Media calls my district a wealthy and educated area of the state, from what I have seen politically, it just means yahoos with more money. Unfortunately the local party is staying behind him, this Doesn't surprise me, even as the national party is pushing him out, and taking funding back.

People this -is- the problem with the republican party, I have it first hand info in my yard, this guy isn't conservative anything he's wholly dedicated to religion merging with government. He's also very tight with the presidential candidates, but they are tossing him under the bus on camera, because people just don't know they all support the same stances, only one was stupid enough to say it out loud.

• Admin

Akin is a guy who stood too close to the south end of a northbound Elephant just as it took a load off its mind. I heard him on a radio program this afternoon, and he is still clueless, but is using the words his damage control wordsmith tells him to say. Sigh!!

Melissa

I can't stand him (Atkins) at all either, but Claire McCaskill is just as bad. She doesn't listen until it looks like they are going to hand her head to her. I have written letter after letter to her until I figured I tell it to the light pole outside of my house. It listens better.

I have lost confidence in most politicians these days. Our country is in deep do do and the lousy politicians can't find their own backside with either hand. Can we fast forward to February 2013 and get past all the mud slingging stupidity? Thank God for Net Flicks and I'm walking more and watching TV less and getting more exercise. Kathryn

Works for me. I'm enjoying the exercise of walking the trail and meeting people along the way. Dash my dog is a people stopper. And this gorgeous weather. After the hot summer, its nice to see people outside again. Kathryn

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)

• KatieSC
    • Susie
    • Emily Chen
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Betty K