• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgender Anime?

Guest Chrysee

Guest Chrysee

Could anyone please recommend some really good anime that addresses the theme of transgenderism or at least includes TG/TS characters?

Thanks

Guest Deanna

I don't know of much but I have heard "Wandering Son" by Shimura Takako does. I haven't found it in the book stores. The TV series can be found on www.crunchyroll.com ( they play anime and Japanese dramas " Rama 1/2" has a character that switches back and forth when she comes in contact with water.

Guest Daphne21

I would definately recommend Wandering Son. In my opinion it's very realistically portrayed in a lot of ways and is overall a good series. Family Compo's a bit different but it's good in general and has a lot of touching/interesting trans characters. Of course that's only a manga. Ranma 1/2 is probably one of my favorite animes in general. Even though it's more of a gender bender than something considerably trans related, a rather good anime to just watch.

Hope these are along the lines of what you'd be looking for! ^_^

Guest Madison_Always

I really must third the wandering son (hourou musuko) recommendations. It is really sweet and relatable to how many of us felt while going through puberty and growing up. Both the anime and the manga are wonderful.