• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article: Fundraiser for Jailed Transman in Virginia

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I find it absurd and ridiculous that someone was jailed for a year for putting M on his marriage certificate. :blowup:

http://www.advocate....led-being-trans

How on earth is that considered a "forgery," and why did it deserve a year in solitary confinement? Convicted burglars and thieves don't get such sentences. Sometimes the world is nuts.

Carolyn Marie

Interesting but if you look at the comments at the bottom someone posted a link to his records which also indicate a grand larceny charge in the same time period.

Would like to know what is really going on here.

Mia

• Admin

I do try to keep an open mind on some of this stuff. The solitary may be on a safety issue and depending on the jail itself, a blessing in disguise, and there may be other counts of forgery than the marriage license thing, I don't know, but until I do, yes, we indeed have a lot of crazy laws and results on the books.

Now about that Jack Rabbit you shot off the back step of the Gold Line (or Blue or Green) Carolyn, they can still come after you here in L.A. . (Aldright, there is no back step on any of those trolley lines, or for that matter jack rabbits on the tracks!!)