• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Are breast implants

Guest jordynolivias

Guest jordynolivias

I'm thinking I really want to get breast augmentation eventually (I've only been on hormones for about 18 months so probly not for another year at least), but I've heard that implants need to be replaced every 10 years or so. Is that always the case? Like are there any types of implants that are permanent? (:

• Admin

There are several types of implants, and each one has a different life span, also your care of your breasts, the chance you could develope a cancer/tumor/cyst etc. are all going to affect the life of the 'plants. About all we can really say is to check with a doctor who does them and get good implants according to that doctor's recommendation, or if you don't like what the one doctor said, go to another one!!

I have had breast implants for 3 years now. and such was my concern about having to ever have them replaced ( it isn't cheap) so i grilled my surgon mercilessly on this subject, and it does depend on the type of implant you go with. implants do not need to be replaced, but it is recommended that they are checked every 5-10 years . for viability or damage, and this is were the type of implant yu chose comes into question. since saline implants are filled at the time f the opetation , they have the possibility of leaking at the spout ( or what ever that is called) plus they are prone to damage from general wear and tear . ruptering at the seam being the biggest problem , as apposed to silicone implants . the kind they go with now are a silicone polymer. the "shell" of the implant and the content are more or less all one thing. and really have nothing to leak out , he literally cut one in half to demonstrate this. they have no seams to leak, and baring any unforseen injury to my breast area , can stay in my chest indefinatly . a consult with a surgon will fill you in more :)

Sakura

• Forum Moderator

Thank you all for the post as i am considering this procedure.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest KarenLyn

Another option is natural augmentation though I'm not sure how effective it is. They use liposuction to take fat cells from one area then use a centrifuge to separate out the stem cells. Those are injected into your breasts. I checked out one clinic that does it said approximately 70% will actually attach and become new fat cells. I suspect it's less than that but I need to do more research. The upside is that if it works, your breasts would be completely natural with nothing to rupture or become encapsulated. The downside is the expense is similar to having implants without a guarantee that it will work.

Karen

I havent had implants, but i know some things about them, and some people who have have these done..

but my main input here is, this, from the perspective of someone who was born female, and went thru a relatively normale female puberty.. I started to show signed of breast growth i think age 11 or 12?

When I was around 18 i think was a B ..mayyybe a C alittle bit around or after graduation from high school.

they might seem to slow down or stop for long periods of time, but, by my late 20's iI was I think a 44 or 46 D then E, and something after E, i think EEE, 46 EEE by the time i got my chest surgery done.

they were relatively easy to hide with layers and stuff when i was a teen, but later on, there was hardly any point in trying to hide them or compress them. my back was killing me enough as it was already , i sure didnt need to compress the ribs and backbones and everything in there to try to hide something you couldnt hide anyway. I forget how much they weighed, but after my surgery, my doctor had the usual pathology stuff done, they do that for anything they remove you know... and she told me how many grams they were, and she was rather amazed at the size & weight, because thats just the breast tissue itself, not the fat that rode around with it because it had nowhere better to go to, or the liquids in them, like blood and water and whatever...

Anyway, not to gross anyone out on that, but, the point being, as you can see, normal breast growth takes a long time.

When you start your estrogen treatments as an adult, you shouldn't be too impatient with it; and i know, i hate to say that too.. "oh whats he talking about be patient, thats easy for him to say! huh!!" I was sort of impatient with certain things too, when i first took Testosterone..i thought i should have had a bit more facial hair sooner for example.

You wouldnt expect or encourage a 14 or 15 yr old girl to get breast implants. Sure she could probably get them done somewhere but thats not the best idea in the world I would say. So, youre an adult going thru puberty, and you want it to just happen quickly and have everything caught up to your actual age sooner.. but i really advise you girls to just give it time.

if you are destined to have BIG breasts then implants might be self-defeating anyway. Homegrown are always better, and the less scars and other things messed with the better.

• 1 month later...