• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

More Surprises

gennee

Yesterday at church, two more people discovered that I'm transgender. They were a couple that we know but were unaware of my transness. My wife told them because I was tied up with someone else. She said that they were surprised :o . I'm sure that we will talk about this in the future, which I look forward to.

Later in the the evening, my wife and I were in Wendy's having coffee. While she was getting our orders, I sat at a table reading some emails. A woman at the next table was looking at me. I didn't look up but could feel her eyes upon me. When my wife returned she told me the same thing. The woman was probably trying to figure me out. Oh well, another exciting evening.

:D :D

• Admin

Sounds promising with the church couple. You've had really good luck with the folks there, and i hope it continues with this couple.

Ms. Rude? The world is full of folks who have nothing better to do, and no better manners, than to worry about other people's business. You were right to ignore her.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Lacey Lynne

Gennee:

They fact is that YOU'RE DOIN' IT!

Kudos and respect, girl! Just be you, and you're awesome! It does get better ... it really does ... when you stay true to you, and you're doing so!

Congrats!

With Respect :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

This may seem just a smidge off the wall, but. . .

As to being looked at by others, when I was active in A.A. my sponsor would tell me to present in public like I'm happy about my sobriety. "You may be the only copy of The Big Book that someone ever sees!", he would say.

Well, you just might be the only Transgender that woman has ever/will ever see. In that context, you represent all of us.

Now get out there and make us proud!

(No pressure there, of course.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stefie

Being yourself is far greater than being what others would have you be. I still find it difficult to venture too far out in public not for fear of what others would think of me but for fear of what I may do in response to their idiotic behavior.

Guest Deenah

yes,maybe it was a positive gaze. But either way it's rude.. Or she was wondering what you were having to eat cus your so beautiful,and she wanted to be like you...

Maybe it was a woman wondering how you managed to put togahter such an amazing look.

That's a good point. Never thought about that.

yes,maybe it was a positive gaze. But either way it's rude.. Or she was wondering what you were having to eat cus your so beautiful,and she wanted to be like you...

Could be.