• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How to Thicken Eyebrows Naturally?

Guest Seth1992

Guest sierrathompson1

I don't want to use makeup, I just want to make them grow in thick to make me more masculine looking. My sis says I have a masculine face but its just my damn eyebrows that are so thin, ugh. Anyone know of a good supplement or something I can put on them?

• Admin

You have ruled out makeup, but mustache wax may not be in that ball park for a guy.

Guest Monophthalmus

It's really hard to make hair grow where it doesn't naturally-- just ask any bald man who has flashbacks to his younger, hairier days!

But back on topic, eyebrow enhancing drugs aren't really worth the risk. If it's just your eyebrows, you could use mascara very lightly on them and greatly improve the perceived thickness. I'd recommend mascara since it's only like $2-5/month, proven safe, and not prescription.

That having been said, there is a prescription drug called Latisse which is used to grow more and longer upper eyelashes. Some plastic surgeons have prescribed it off label for growing thicker eyebrows with mixed success. If you are considering it, then I suggest talking to your doctor about whether this is feasible and/or safe for you. Some drawbacks are that it can cause purple or yellow discolouring of the eyelid/surrounding skin. It can change your iris to a brown or dark-brown colour. Your eyebrows will go back to their normal thickness when you stop using the product, and it can take 12 weeks to see the resulting thicker eyebrows. Also, some patients have not found it to increase their eyebrows since it doesn't always work off label like that. It is expensive, at around $80-150 per month supply. It is also prescription, so you MUST see a doctor before using it. You really don't want to mess with the eye-area without a physician's expertise since you could seriously damage yourself and/or cause blindness.

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Links to Rx info deleted out of an abundance of caution
Guest Clair Dufour

You can comb them backwards to fluff them up a bit. Don't dismiss using a bit of mascara to thicken and darken them up. If all else fails, wear Aviator sunglasses.