• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Introduction

Guest Karen Kay

Guest Karen Kay

Hello everyone :) I figured I should introduce myself (since I found this site about 3 weeks ago, but due to work and the holiday season I haven't yet said hi).

I would classify myself as a married, early 30-year-old, straight crossdresser. I began, like most, at an early age sneaking things from mom's drawers or "borrowing" things from girlfriends. After a few years of suppression during college, I was able to purchase and keep a wardrobe of my own once I moved out on my own. I didn't have much time to explore on my own before my future wife moved in with me.

I was up-front with her about my dressing, early on into our dating. She was open-minded and seemed to enjoy my fem side (which we named Karen). However has the pressures of work, life, living together, and after marriage went on, she was less and less into things and feel into a situation where she tolerated, but didn't support (see more below).

With the increased "rules" about when/how Karen could be around, I found myself spending more time at work, or at home bunkered in my office working on my PC. This lead me to become more withdrawn at home and led the wife to emotionally cheat with one of her co-workers during the spring months. I finally found out about it in July and we were probably one hair-width away from heading to divorce. We didn't however, and after airing everything out, Karen was welcomed once again.

This brings the story to present-day. I have been going to a therapist for 4 months now, to help learn about Karen. Part of the reasons I found this site, was her suggestion that I reach out to a support group environment so I can figure how far I want to take things. Searching on my own, only found Black Rose (blackrose.org) as a local (Northern Virginia) group, but I'm not interested in their BDSM offerings. It's my hope that I can find friends here. :)

There are probably loads of other topics I should be sticking in here, but I can't think of much else to write. I hope that someone around Northern Virginia (or anyone really) is/was were I am in our journey and wants to chat.

Thanks for reading, and hi again :)

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Karen....So nice to have you here!!!

Thanks for giving us a try..I think you'll be happy with your dicision! ;)

We usally offer hot coco and a cookie or other sweet at this point..I've got to get a cart..this is getting kinda big with the pizza and all.... :lol:

Lots of wonderful people here, many will jump right in and welcome you in a short bit...

Shoes off...big chair right here for you...

Now......WELCOME!!!

XXOO

Donna Jean

Hello and welcome Karen. Thank you for sharing your story. There's plenty of resources here and some great people, too.

Gennee

I can only add my welcome and support to you.

Donna Jean beat me to the refreshment cart, which is expanding so much that it may require a permit before much longer! :D

We are all here to help one another any way that we can - support, understanding and virtual food are just a few of our methods.

We are all in this together, so feel very much at home.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Hi ya Karen...welcome to the best support group you'll ever find...and even better it's populated by some of the most interesting, singular people you are likely to run across...there's a whole lotta heart in these pages. Glad you took a pass on the Black Rose thing...ugh pain is just not for me...there is a Black Rose on this site who is NOT connected to THAT site, just a very sweet SO that posts. SOoooOooo kick off your espidrils, rub your feet together, smile and jump in. Hugs, Kelly Ann

Guest CamilaRose

Karen,

Welcome! You're a bit more up front and further along than I am, but I'm happy to chat anytime! We're about the same age (I'm 29), and I too am trying to figure out what I want. I'm still working up the nerve to make my first therapist appointment, but I found a group near me that seems fantastic, from their website. I've suppressed a lot more than you have, although I did go through several iterations of wardrobes...I just purged periodically...;)

Anyway, kick off those shoes, grab some hot cocoa and enjoy!

Hugs,

Cami

Guest Karen Kay
there is a Black Rose on this site who is NOT connected to THAT site, just a very sweet SO that posts.

:) I had written out parts of my post weeks ago, and made sure to proofread before posting to avoid any confusion :)

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes. :)

You are further along on your journey than most who write out there intro forum, I am withyou all the way stay in touch and let us know how Karen copes with her S.O. Bery interested.. Thank You so much for sharing. Grap the virtual phone and call us and chat.........YOur new found friends and Mia.

One more thing. An observation, about 995 of S.O.'s seem to have as much to deal with or more than we do.

In our fantasy world they are all loving, comprehending,compassionate, and enjoy the sex we offer. But that Gosh darned reality gets in the way..... Always, always. Mia

Guest DeniseNM

Welcome to our crazy little slice of heaven here Karen, this is a great place with great wonderful people, so feel free to be yourself and discover who you are. Glad you are your SO are working on things. You are right Mia reality can be a bother when it gets in the way ... lol.

Again welcome and enjoy yourself, the virtual food, squishy chairs and wonderful people.

Denise