• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First "official" Passing Experience

Guest StrandedOutThere

Guest StrandedOutThere

This probably shouldn't make me as giddy as it does, but whatever. Tonight my roommate and I went down to ye ol' ABC store. It was busy...really, really busy. He was standing in line ahead of me and this mom and her kid were kind of behind me to my right. The kid starts complaining to his mom that she isn't actually in line. Here's how it went down:

Kid: The line starts there, behind that guy! (At this point, he was talking about my roommate, who is a big, scary-looking dude).

Mom: No, we are after the guy behind him. (That's me!)

Kid: He was standing there first? (Again talking about me)

Mom: Yes, honey, he was standing there first. (Referring to me...how I was next in line after my roommate)

I tried not to smile like a freak, but it was difficult. It was pretty unambiguous. They were talking about me!! When I got up to the cashier, I flirted with her and she flirted back. It's been a pretty good night!

I'm sure I'll still get "she'd" a few more times in the upcoming months, but it is good to know it is getting better. Before this, I noticed that the guy at the drug store switched to gender neutral pronouns for me. He kept calling my roommate "sir" and he just didn't call me anything.

Chest surgery does wonders, I guess.

Guest YaManShane

Thas hot. especially the part about the flirting. Wish I could flirt with girls. lol. People tell me I look like i'm still in jhs so I try to avoid those things I dont wanna make no girl uncomftorable. How long have you been on T?

congrats man! get as giddy as you like...it's just you being comfortable with your masculinity :P

and it's probably even harder to pass when you're right next to a big scary looking guy, so i'm thinking you're doing well :)

Dude that is so awesome !!!! Bonus points on the flirt and being next to the roommate :P **sigh For some reason it just makes ya feel good to flirt with a woman....an outstanding ending on an outstanding moment.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Dude that is so awesome !!!! Bonus points on the flirt and being next to the roommate :P **sigh For some reason it just makes ya feel good to flirt with a woman....an outstanding ending on an outstanding moment.

The best part was when I smiled at her and she smiled back. When I was getting read as female, they wouldn't act that way. This is nothing short of AWESOME!!!

Guest StrandedOutThere
Thas hot. especially the part about the flirting. Wish I could flirt with girls. lol. People tell me I look like i'm still in jhs so I try to avoid those things I dont wanna make no girl uncomftorable. How long have you been on T?

I've been on T for 2 months. Since I'm 30, I probably look like I'm 21 or something...so it doesn't tend to upset them. The thing is, I wouldn't dare flirt unless I was SURE I passed.

Guest Jackson

I've been having this happen now a little. I had a couple teenage girls flirt with me at a fast food restaurant. Then at the bookstore yesterday. I swear I must look like I'm only in my late teens now, but maybe even a little older than that. Then I did get the "sir" at another restaurant by the waitress. I'm pretty impressed actually. This has all been in the last week.

Thanks for some reason i got some good feelings hearing that, it is so pleasurable to be able to flirt with females and have them flirt back with you. Happy for you!

This is awesome! Congrats!!!! :D

(I guess I'll never get to try the flirt...)

That's SO amazing! I love it when girls flirt with me... it makes me feel so cool. The only problem with it so far is that most of the girls that do actually flirt with me are like 10 years younger than me... I guess I still look like I'm in high school. *sigh* another year or so and maybe girls my age will start being interested in me... :-)

Mike

Guest Mitchel

I had the most awesome passing experience today :) I was in a book store, doing last minute x-mas shopping when this girl ran into me. We both collided pretty hard and dropped all our books. I bent down to help her pick them up, cause I only had the one. I totally forgot about the ace bandages around my chest that I was using to bind, or how the button down shirt I was wearing gaped open when I bent down. Anyway, she got a good look down my shirt. I quickly grabbed the collar of my shirt, all red faced and ashamed at being so blatently caught out, and we exchanged akward glances as we rose. She thanked me for helping her, and ran off to join a small group of her friends, which were laughing at the both of us. I was expecting to poop to hit the fan, but she returned to my side with a shy smile and asked me if she could buy me lunch in return for hurting me. I was like 'Wha?' cause I was pretty sure I didn't utter more than an 'oof' as we collided. And she gently brushed a hand over my chest. She thought the bandages were because I was injured. I couldn't believe it! After all that, she still thought I was male! And she was flirting with me. Best. Day. Ever!

Guest jantonio

This is awesome guys. :) Most of the times I get called a guy but sometimes I get those people that ma'm me. Bah! Anyway I bet with chest surgery it will get better. :)

Jose Antonio...

Guest StrandedOutThere
That's SO amazing! I love it when girls flirt with me... it makes me feel so cool. The only problem with it so far is that most of the girls that do actually flirt with me are like 10 years younger than me... I guess I still look like I'm in high school. *sigh* another year or so and maybe girls my age will start being interested in me... :-)

Mike

The older girls will start liking you, for sure. If a girl flirts with me, it almost always a high school aged girl. I just got lucky this time. Trust me, I'm right there with you.

It's going to take me at least a year to get up the courage to initiate flirting on a regular basis.

Haha, yeah, I know the feeling. The only girls that flirt with me are like fourteen or fifteen. The other day this girl was kind of flirting with me, and I thought she was a little older than she was, maybe 17 or 18. So we talked for a minute, and then she asked me how old I was and I said 19. She looked surprised and then told me she was 14. We both gave a kind of nervous laugh and walked away. It made me feel creepy somehow. I mean, in the grand scheme of things 5 years isn't that big of a difference, but when you're a teenager it definitely is.