• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Estradol on backorder til November>>>>>

Guest MiraJ

I just found out at my pharmacy that Estradol is on back order til November. :-O

Im out of it too. :-/

A friend of mine a state over told me she got the same from her Pharmacy.

Is the nation on a Estradol shortage for some reason??

Anyone else having the same problem?

I will be on the phone with my endo tomorrow to figure out what i need to do for the gap. :-)

Mira

Guest JoannaSydney

Not that i know of.does you and your friend go to the same pharmacy?Next time hunny make sure you have plenty so you dont run out.Im sure your doctor will write a quick scrip for you so dont worry.

Thank you joanna. No my friend lives about 4 hours away from me and my pharmacy called all the other pharmacies nearby and found out noone has it.

I only get monthly supplies. I dont really get backup. Unless i can request that?

Mira

Guest Eh-lyssa

I just got a refill last week and they switched manufacturers. Same dosage and everything but the pill changed shape from oval to round. I think the color changed too. They filled part with some and part with the other manufacturer.

Guest katiemarie90

I work in a pharmacy and unfortunately it's very common for drug compaines to have their products on back order due to supply shortages etc. Estradiol has been real hard to come by recently, we've had to either change the dose of the medication and give new directions or send them elsewhere. Try calling around and seeing if other pharmacies might have a shipment of some by a different manufacturer. We ordered about 2000 of the watson brand in the midst of it. Ran out pretty quick :/

No problem with that here yet.I have plenty rite now,but not enough till novenber so i sure hope that doesn't become a issue...Im going to call today and see if there is something going on so im a step ahead if need be.

Guest Gwendolyn Elizabeth

I recently switched pharmacies over this. The walgreens had the previous month given me tablets that were 1/2 the dosage it says on my prescription because that was all they had, so i had to take twice as many. and then they didn't have any at all. They said they called the kroger thats about 100 yards away and that the kroger didn't have any. But when I talked to the kroger they said that when the walgreens called they asked about the smaller tablet and not the ones on my prescription. They had plenty of the ones that i am suppossed to have. In the end the part that really upset me was that the old pharmacy couldn't even keep track of what my doctor prescribed.

Thats not good Gwen.

Today i called my endo they didnt seem to call back, about 7pm i called my pharmacy they had a partial order ready for me just half the dosage prescribed so i have to take two instead of one. Better than non.

My friend told me she got a prescribtion of patches instead and the pharmacy was out on these too, so she has to wait til monday.

Mira