• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Woman Ordered to Leave College Locker Room

Carolyn Marie

I guess I struggle a little bit. Just because we have a right to do something doesn't always mean we should. I'm not saying that we separate or deny ourselves, but that we show a little sensitivity to people that interact with us. This woman didn't do anything wrong however, sharing the locker room with teenage girls will strike a chord with most parents. Their role is to protect their children and having someone they don't understand sharing facilities with their kids will always have this result.

It sounds like everyone learned something.

Addi

• Admin

Sounds like a "prissy missy" highschooler was showing off. The college seems to be cool, but maybe the campus police need to be better informed about the college policies. Also, mom of highschool needs to be given a waiver to sign before "miss priss" goes on to the college campus. The waiver will state the gender diversity is a fact that missy can deal with or stay home. Which is more important??

A funny one happened at Cal State L.A. when I was going there. State universities could sell beer and wine on campus legally even that long ago. A group of high schoolers, well under age, saw a couple of students (old enough) drinking in the Student Union pub garden, and one of them ran to a phone and on momma's orders called the police to report drinking on a school campus. The police actually got on to the CSULA campus before they realized where the high schooler with the dirty mind was calling from, the pay phone did not have the main campus address on it and it was on a named public street.

Guest KimberlyF

She wasn't officially ordered to leave anything. Someone who didn't work for the college told her to go. From what I could find the school backed her and said if anyone has a problem they can use a different room. The swim team(s) went that route.

What law should be enforced?

Jodie, I agree the comments were the news. Those are the truly sick individuals. No amount of education or equality will make any difference for them. Bigots to the bone. I don't ask them to cut off their head to be considered human. Sigh. Jody

the article was written with the usual lack o skill yu see these days..but it sounds like they had an issue and resolved it.

i dont even have a problem with the person walked in, and there were kids that wanted to go there, but there was this (male) person there, so someone, (and it wasnt an official) asked her to leave..not knowing anyhting else about the situation. but that some kids wanted to go there, and this adult person was there.. i can see where it would be an uncomfortable situation...

sounds like they resolved it by using different locker rooms. alot of the thing is, that there were minor children who lease the facility as a group. theres all sort of rules and things for schools when they have adult students and children there as well, and its always in favor of the children's interests of course, they do background checks on the adults, for example, and have to pass a clearance. (i went to a trade school that had both kids and adults in the same classes, and it was like that then)

Frankly, i think if it was a hot tub or suana situation, they shoukd have a thing on the door to say, its being used by someone privately, or not..that was no one just walks in on another. some people do tha in groups but some only do it by themself.

if i were in a similar situation, id prefer to be by myself, since i dont want people looking at me like that..

• Forum Moderator

Olympia and Evergreen state college tend to lean toward the progressive.

Glad they could resolve this using a little common sense. This sounds like it could have been worse.

I am glad we have a state law here in WA that provides for equal access, I agree with Addi a little sensitivity to each situation, and to be low key not a bad idea.

This should have been a golden opportunity to educate the high school kids, not embarrass a trans woman unnecessarily.

That said, I've stopped using the gendered facilities at the municipal pool where I take my kids. This is because I started getting looks in the women's room, I don't want to make others feel uncomfortable, I'm not comfortable going into the men's yet, and there is a gender neutral family changing room available. However, if I was there to use the sauna and only gendered saunas were available, I'd be furious if someone told me to leave the one that matched my legal gender.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 176 Guests (See full list)

• Wes
    • MaybeRob
    • EasyE
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • krissieroqs
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ArtavikenGenderflui
    Newest Member
    ArtavikenGenderflui

1. Adele Svetova
      Adele Svetova
      (25 years old)
    2. BROOKSGLASS
      BROOKSGLASS
      (34 years old)
    3. FinnyFinsterHH
      FinnyFinsterHH
      (16 years old)
    4. fool4luv
      fool4luv
      (26 years old)
    5. itsaddison
      itsaddison
      (20 years old)
    • EasyE
      I have found some people correlate TG = child predator ... just as some have correlated homosexual = child predator...    I am baffled by the TG = unsafe connection ... my wife tends to think this way, that this is all about sexual deviancy ... I try to ask how my preference for wearing frilly socks with embroidered flowers and a comfortable camisole under my lavender T-shirts is sexually deviant (or sexual anything) but I don't get very far... 
    • EasyE
      Best wishes to you as you take this step ... many blessings to you! 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Not sure.  The perp is a minor.  The problem here is NOT transgender, the problem here is incompetent and criminal administration.  See https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/family-of-loudoun-co-student-sexually-assaulted-ineptitude-of-all-involved-is-staggering/3231725/ It is more than annoying that people think the problem here is TG and that other people think the solution is some stupid statewide law.  Like an appendectomy to deal with an ingrown toe nail.    Since Loudon, I recall a boy was asked not to use the girl's restroom at a high school by one of the girls.  He, overwhelming her with height and weight,  assaulted her, claiming he had a right to be there.   Later I think eight girls beat him severely in another girl's restroom.  Again the problem is not transgender, the problem is assaults in restrooms and common courtesy.  TG is used as a smokescreen and it seems to paralyze thought among administrators who do not want to do anything to provoke controversy.
    • VickySGV
      Time to get with your Primary Care doctor and be referred to a neurologist or an orthopedist.  It could be many things, too many for any of us here to guess at. 
    • Mmindy
      Other than the Boy Scout motto, oath, and law. I use two:   When asked how I'm doing? In all honesty I reply. I would have to make something up to complain. If asked to explain further: I reply. I know someone is having a tougher time than I am, and I pray God blesses them.   I also recite this quote that I have tagged in my signature: Courage, doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."-Unknown    Saying these things daily keep me motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Abigail Genevieve
      If this goes on, I am conceding the real possibility of being stopped in WM or somewhere by a concerned citizen who tells me, "Lady, God made you female.  I don't think you should be trying to look like a man. You need to return to your true gender and be comfortable living your life out as a woman."   Begin odd and awkward conversation.  I have been thinking about this this morning.
    • Mmindy
      That's great @Lorelei   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Abigail Genevieve
      There are many MAGA GOP types who are not transphobes, of course. Some MAGA GOP types are transgender.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm hoping to read the next section today.  Many of the reforms they are calling for are good, such as expediting the military procurement process, and have nothing to do with transgender issues.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Well my friend quit talking me
    • atlantis63
      I wanted to create a thread about this   Eurodance act from sweden. very good. love his stuff   worth a listen if you never have
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon,    I have a young friend who is vegetarian and married to a full on meat eater. They have two areas of their grill clearly designated for their different cooking requirements. When she’s cooking she uses tongs or chopsticks to handle any meats. When he’s cooking he respects her request not to cook her meals on the side where meat has been. They get along fine and respect each other.    When she attends our house, she usually brings her own food, but knows I will clean my grill to meet her requirements. We love and respect her commitment to be vegetarian. I love that she trusts me to make her comfortable when visiting us. There are ways to make it work.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • atlantis63
      I was going to call it Numbness, then I realised well.. it isn't. basically, yeah, it isn't.   this only happens to me sometimes. I'll be lying down and my legs will.. well, I guess lock?   If I straighten them out, they will unlock- when I roll over again, they will lock again. this lasts for around 10/ 15 minutes I guess   it's not pins and needles either
    • Ivy
      In this case the MAGA GOP transphobes Just my opinion of course
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.