• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breasts not sore anymore - Still Growing?

Guest LaurenJ

Guest LaurenJ

Hey Laura's,

Pretty much what the topic title says is what I'm asking.

Been on hormones a little over 5 months now. I have decent breast growth but my breasts were sore for the first 4ish months.

Unfortunately they are no longer sore anymore (no dose changed) and I'm wondering if this is an indicator that they aren't growing anymore?

I've heard some girls reach a point where their body just metabolizes the estradiol out of their system and it's no longer effective.

Wondering if anyone else has some thoughts on this, or should I contact my Endo?

Thanks in advance,

~Ren

Guest Maria_B

Lauren, some people don't ever experience soreness with breast growth. Also, there is ''down periods'' one can experience where they stop growing for a while, but they can spring up again later. If you're getting your hormone levels checked regularly, I think you're in the clear.

I myself have gotten a decent amount of growth with little to no soreness.

Don't stress so much, but if you're worried, organise to have your levels checked.

Guest Karen K

Lauren,

All girls are different in regard to breast growth. I have been on HRT for 2 years, being an older transitioner, I would not describe my developement as "descent". The tenderness has decreased quite a bit, I remember when the sheets rubbing on my breasts hurt, now, not so much. But if I push in on my nipples, there is a hard painful nodule underneath.

As Maria said, it is not unlikely that breast grow will pause for a time and then kick in again. Be patient and if you have concerns, talk with you endo.

Laura Jane

• Admin

At 3 years on E, I have gone through a whole variety of times with my "growing girls" , at first it was a "don't even think about touching them" sensitivity which met well with the legends told on the boards. They are legends and a bit of an initiation rite for sisters who are just getting their first E in their system. Many sensations do occur though that tell you you are still moving ahead. I recently went through a period where my nipples became erotically ticklish for about three weeks. Within the last two months, tissue that had been in my arm pit has shifted forward and resulted in a weird dream I posted here on one of the forums.

At about a year I had a series of weeks when I needed to wear a bra, but when I would take it off, my entire breast area felt like it was in a rapidly dropping elevator, that could make me gasp with the falling sensation (all of about an inch and a half drop). By then the real soreness was gone but I knew they were there.

I have friends who are even in year four or more and post op who have had growth spurts, two of them AFTER augmentation, and one had to have her implants removed.

DO NOT DESPAIR!! You are still very early in the game and have a lot of fun ahead of you. Since you have just gone full time, enjoy the holiday from the soreness and maybe when you are not looking your bra strap will pop from strain.

Guest LizMarie

I've been on HRT just over a month now and am experienced a slight reduction in tenderness during the prior week, though it seems to be returning again this week. I can feel the beginnings of structural nodules that Vicky mentions in my barely visible breasts at this point. I'm content, especially for the first few years, to just let them develop as they choose. Also remember that if you go the SRS route that some women report additional growth post-SRS. It's by no means a definite thing but it has happened to some women.

So... just be patient. :)

What do I know... I suspect though that while my internal breast structures are growing that is the tender times. When they are still growing without so much pain they are accumulating fat cells for roundness. I am just guessing. I think you will be very happy with them in three or more years. Be glad for the break from the pain, it's not over I suspect. Gentle hug. Jody

Guest Robin Winter

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Since I switched from Spiro to Androcur, I've had no breast pain at all, but I would almost swear they're still growing. Sometimes they get a little itchy though and I think that's also a sign of some growth, maybe?

My breasts have never been sore, but on occasion they itch. The nipples, however are a little sore when touched. During the first few months of HRT my breasts felt like they were burning, and that was when they were growing the quickest.

I swear they are still growing, or at least filling out after nearly two years on HRT.

Jenny

Guest Megan_Lynn

I have had the super soreness to burning to the insane itching to the OMG do not touch them cause of the go through the roof erotic sensation. Mine grew in spurts. Every time I thought they were done they would start growing again. its been 4 years on hrt for me and they are still filling out more even while I have been loosing weight.

Guest DanaMarie

I'm 22 months HRT and still get soreness from time to time but not as much as when I first started.

In my honest opinion ... don't fret about it :) whatever is going to happen will happen and if it's not what you were expected or are happy with after 2 years ... get a breast aug, that's what I'm planning on doing.

I know what I'm saying doesn't really answer your question, I guess that's because breast growth, tenderness, etc varies so much from person to person ... either way, rest assured that the hormones are working in the areas that count soooo much more ... the brain :)

Much <3 to you sister ... and congrats on the transition :) welcome to the family!!!

<3

Dana

Guest LaurenJ

Thanks for the tips girls.

So what I'm summarizing here is pretty much that it isn't really uncommon to not have much soreness, or to go periods without soreness.

I suppose there's nothing left to do but sit back and let some time pass. I've always got augmentation in my pocket if needed in a year or so right?

~Ren

Guest Alex_Di

That made me think. How often do

trans-girls go for a breast augmentation?

Is there a large percentage of us that

are satisfied without augs in the end?

Honestly, if I could I would keep it as

natural as possible, but that's just me,

since I've never been a fan of plastic

surgery in general.

Guest LizMarie

Lauren, honestly, I'd wait til at least one year post-SRS (if you are choosing SRS - I don't remember you ever saying or not) or 3 years after starting HRT. Young girls take 3-5 years to just build the basic breast structure and then it fills out from 17-18 through about age 25. It's a decade long process in genetic women to reach their final shape and size. Don't rush it! You're going to be stunningly beautiful regardless, because you already are.

Guest Megan_Lynn

So what I'm summarizing here is pretty much that it isn't really uncommon to not have much soreness, or to go periods without soreness.

I suppose there's nothing left to do but sit back and let some time pass. I've always got augmentation in my pocket if needed in a year or so right?

~Ren

Best to wait at least 4 years on HRT before even thinking about breast augmentation. Breasts do no grew to full size over night. They take years to get to were they will end up. Granted everyone mileage varies but 70 percent of my growth happen in the last 18 months of a 4 year span. It surprising how many MTF get breast augmentation then their breasts start growing again. Just let nature take its corse for a good 4 years HRt then make a decision to stay with what ya got or surgery for more.

LizMarie and several others are dead on right. I won't even think about breast augmentation until after a minimum of three years. On both sides of my family all of the woman are either d cup or larger. I'm in a holding pattern currently , but reached a b cup pretty quickly. All you have to do is look at natal woman and realize that growth takes time. I urge patience. Kathryn

• Admin

I broke the rules, I am smaller than my mother (who was seriously overweight) but larger than one sister and dead even with the other one, and larger than one grandmother. Enjoy what you can get. This is at 40 months on E.

~Ren

Lauren, I am going to way out on a limb here and I hope no one is offended. Yes you need to wait a seemingly very long time for the hormones to work. That is a given. I don't know what your mirror sees? But I see that you are beautiful total package. What you have even now and will have them, makes you a balanced total package. i.e. bombshell!

I'm not sure what kind man you would like to attract? I do know from many friends over the years, the down side for many that got a boob job is that they suddenly attracted shallow and undesirable types that only look down woman's blouses and never into their eyes. Your loving soul in not in your bra. So that soul mate connects with you, probably not because of your shelf.

Do you want him to go through life with you, having to contend these types leering at you all the time and scheming ways to walk over him to get to them, er, you. That can cause an unspoken strain on your marriage. I can't see ahead in life's journey any better than you can, but having more mileage, I can share a few potholes so you can swerve. Giggle. Jody

Guest LaurenJ

I'm not sure what kind man you would like to attract?

Woman* ;)

But the purpose of your message still applies to females as well. In truth, I much prefer the smaller natural look, and I am certainly not even aiming for anything larger than C. B-cup would be ideal, but perhaps my frustration with not being there yet is causing me to jump the gun.

No worries though, I definitely plan to wait a few years to see full development before thinking about breast aug seriously. All I really meant was that if I am at 24 months on hormones and still just have an A-cup, then I would look at breast augmentation just to give it a minor bump up to a full B.

But yes, you are right, I have no interest in attracting shallow guys, or guys at all for that matter. ^_^

~Ren

Guest Alex_Di

Yeah, I guess women are in the minority of being mostly not shallow here,

since we look at the face first, whilst the rest follows. :)

Can't complain about nice boobs though. That much is a given!

Have you had any success at finding a lady of your dreams yet, Ren?

Guest Kylie2112

I'm not sure what kind man you would like to attract?

Woman* ;)

But the purpose of your message still applies to females as well. In truth, I much prefer the smaller natural look, and I am certainly not even aiming for anything larger than C. B-cup would be ideal, but perhaps my frustration with not being there yet is causing me to jump the gun.

No worries though, I definitely plan to wait a few years to see full development before thinking about breast aug seriously. All I really meant was that if I am at 24 months on hormones and still just have an A-cup, then I would look at breast augmentation just to give it a minor bump up to a full B.

But yes, you are right, I have no interest in attracting shallow guys, or guys at all for that matter. ^_^

~Ren

That's my intention. I'm going to wait until May (after my bowling league ends!) before I go get augmentation to a full B.

Also, I thought I'd be a lesbian, but I'm really starting to notice guys a lot more now :D

I have been on hrt for 14 years. and still from time to time get sorness of the breast and nipples , sometimes on par with when i first started taking it. though after 9 years( when i finally decided to get breast augmentation) they were still the same size as they were at 4 years. they typically achieve thier end size with in 3-4 years. the pain i feel in mine my Dr attributes to hormone flux in my body.