• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Election result

Guest SusanB

Just saw that same sex marriage has won the vote in the state of Maryland

Not that i ever want to tie the knot again but it sure opens some doors for some of us

Guest Chrysee

Just saw that same sex marriage has won the vote in the state of Maryland

Not that i ever want to tie the knot again but it sure opens some doors for some of us

:Crylol: Yeah, good for them but leave me the heck out of it!

But seriously, I am in the last relationship of my life, and not a same sex one. I've been married twice and neither were same sex. At this point in my life (and I've mentioned this probably too many times before) the fact that I have never & shall never have a same sex marriage, relationship, or even a hot & sweaty fling saddens me.

The only consolation I can find (and I've mentioned this before) is that I'm an androgyne and have no idea what an androgynous same sex relationship would be.

On a closing note: leave it to me to take a post celebrating the president's reelection and make it all about me! :poster_oops:

I want a lovely three piece engagement/wedding set with a fairly small stone. Real, not a CZ, size 10. Giggle. But alas, I will probably have to buy it for myself and wear it as a "Wolf" ring. Sigh.

Two sets together on the night stand would be very heart warming and sexy, but I'm not holding my breath for that or a federally approved marriage. Surprise me Obama... Jody

• Forum Moderator

Woke up this morning and same sex marriage appears to be passing in WA state - Yippie !!

Marijuana has been legalized in WA state - probably be a show down with the feds however.

WA state truly the left coast !!

Guest Angel Heart

Woke up this morning and same sex marriage appears to be passing in WA state - Yippie !!

Marijuana has been legalized in WA state - probably be a show down with the feds however.

WA state truly the left coast !!

That's wonderful :) it better pass, dammit. lol

Guest Melissa~

Multiple missions were completed re-elect: Nixon, Henki, Obama, Montee, Koster, McCaskill(aka fire Akin), elect Warren, first gay marriage equality by popular vote(scratch that three states), the first time a same sex marriage ban was defeated, the first legal weed, direct approval for abortion rights.

A shorter version: Freedom and equality were popular last night.

Edited by Melissa~
enlarged font for clarity
Guest Melissa~

The Jay Nixon Missouri governor. The one that worked with me to restore elk, the one that's a real hunter and reigned in some of the bad policies of the MDC. The ones that's bipartisan, The ones that has managed a balanced budget while states around Missouri have failed miserably. The democrat that was instrumental in getting me beyond democrat = bad a few years ago.

Guest Kendra K

Multiple missions were completed re-elect: Nixon, Henki, Obama, Montee, Koster, McCaskill(aka fire Akin), elect Warren, first gay marriage equality by popular vote(scratch that three states), the first time a same sex marriage ban was defeated, the first legal weed, direct approval for abortion rights.

A shorter version: Freedom and equality were popular last night.

Minnesotan here. Glad to see the constitutional ban was defeated, but there's still the law. I was kind-of expecting the constitutional ban to pass, just based on my travels through the state.

Minnesota is fairly progressive. A Republican hasn't won Minnesota in the presidential election since 1972, which is the longest stretch for any state voting for the same party. Really, in the 1984 election Minnesota was the only state that Mondale won.

Guest Melissa~

Kendra I've always considered Minnesota an odd duck with it's heavily democratic rural areas, the only republican strong-hold is the ex-urbs, which proved they havent changed by widely re-electing Michele B. My new personal representitive is downright moderate compared to the one I fired, he still is a republican though. Nothing can be done with my new district lines for a long time though.

With the constitution safe (both federally and yours), a mere court order could whack your law off the books, patience is a virtue. Missouri is a mid pack state and we'll get equality at some point. As our state motto goes, successful early states will have to "show-me" first. Missouri has a constitutional equality ban in place, I need to deal with that at some point.

Guest Kendra K

Kendra I've always considered Minnesota an odd duck with it's heavily democratic rural areas, the only republican strong-hold is the ex-urbs, which proved they havent changed by widely re-electing Michele B. My new personal representitive is downright moderate compared to the one I fired, he still is a republican though. Nothing can be done with my new district lines for a long time though.

With the constitution safe (both federally and yours), a mere court order could whack your law off the books, patience is a virtue. Missouri is a mid pack state and we'll get equality at some point. As our state motto goes, successful early states will have to "show-me" first. Missouri has a constitutional equality ban in place, I need to deal with that at some point.

Definitely, kind of odd that way. The NE Minnesota area the republicans don't bother with campaigning much there for state and presidential elections since it's so heavily democratic. The NE counties Obama won with 60% and I'm kind of surprised it was that close.

Until now I hadn't looked at the MN poll data, but looks like Obama won the 65 and older vote, which the Repubs you'd think would have won that. Minnesota has a history of independent leanings, apparently 1/3 said they're independents.

I am happy in the direction the United States is moving now. The country is so diverse that when you take an extreme stance on any issue, you do it at your own peril. The diversity is also making us more tolerant as a nation. I see a lot of good coming out of this election. The country has changed and continues to change. I believe there is much hope for a better future for trans persons.

I think society is more tolerant of the transgender community than we give them credit. I follow my Alma Mater in sports and am openly out to the forum I've gone to for years. We have a political forum where I'm very active, and I can say I haven't found one person who has given me any grief, and yet many who openly support me and all the LGBT community. Even Republicans,, especially the younger ones, have offered me their support.

Still elated over the election,

Jenny

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Pip