• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

CoverGirl Pressed Powder

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

As part of my makeup routine, I've always been told if I'm going to use pressed powder, first get CoverGirl because it's good, secondly get the green one..for sensitive skin. Well one day as I was stocking up (I buy 2-3 at a time) and the store I was at only had one green one. So I kinda panicked. "Oh no!" I said "What'll I do?!"

So I looked to the left and there was this brown packaging of CoverGirl pressed powder. Regular strength, I guess one could say. Well luckily for me, the numbers for shades on the green packaging matched with the brown packaging and the shades were about identical so I figured, what the heck, give it a shot and see how it goes.

Well today I tried it out and the difference is....none! Well, the brown compact is the regular pressed powder so it has a makeup smell to it, whereas the green compact is for sensitive skin and thus has no (or little) makeup fragrance.

Some girls like having that makeup smell, others don't. Personal preference really but for me they both did the job the same, just one smelled more pretty. :)

Also thanks to routinely seeing the ad at the bottom of the site, that pretty girl in the ad subliminally caused me to want to wear makeup today. I guess after a few repeated viewings the subtle message finally sunk in. I normally don't wear makeup every day but darnit, I wanted to be pretty like her!

Still trying to get the whole makeup thing down. Not much of an artist LOL

End up looking more line a Picasso than a Rembrandt, but i'm working on it

Thanks for the tip