• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pedophilia Slur Angers Canadian Transfolk

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I fully admit that I am perverse, but not perverted in the way they claim. Some people have too much free time on their hands, and nothing to do with their brains. If you are ignorant and know nothing about something, conflate it with something you find under your bed that is real scary, like killer dust bunnies.

Guest Chrissy6455

I love stuff like this ... I call it unjustified paranoia..... we are not the devil, we are not sexual deviants, and we definately not pedophiles just because we are trans.

Guest amanda_s

It is sad here in canada so many people want to hate us and say some the most stupid things. the government of ontario passed a bill like C-279 but it only covers Ontario. the text below was sent to this so called real women of canada

Amanda

Having read the article on your web site i was deeply sadned by what i read. it seems to me that you wish to keep this small group from getting the same rights that the reat of canada already has. As a group we have the highest suicide rate in the western world 41 pre cent with 50 having tried. to call us pedophies is an insult to all canadians and your group should be ashamed. bill C-279 is about right to education, housing, medical care and employment. things that many canadians have and don't realize how lucky they have them.

“The major effect of this bill is that transgendered, transsexual, and sexually confused individuals will be given full protection re-employment, services, housing, etc., in public institutions under federal jurisdiction,” the organization stated in a press release. “These behaviors will be ‘normalized’, accepted, and protected. All Canadians are already equal before and under the law. Bill C-279 is not necessary" this is not true a friend was told to leave a job training program because she is a transsexual woman.

Calgary MP Rob Anders posted a petition on his website asking Canadians to oppose the bill since it would “give transgendered men access to women’s public washroom facilities.”“ one they are transsexual women and they are just using the bathroom.

Anders pointed out that it is “the duty of the House of Commons to protect and safeguard our children from any exposure and harm that will come from giving a man access to women’s public washroom facilities

they are not men in fact mant transsexual women use the bathroom everyday and you would not know it

Jack Fonseca, project manager of Campaign Life Coalition, has called the bill a “threat[ to] the lives of girls and women”.

“It threatens the lives of girls and women by putting them at greater risk from male sexual predators. It will give men a legal alibi for getting caught in the girls bathroom or change room, thereby freeing them to offend another day.”

“Men who plan to assault women in the bathroom, or even a common ‘peeping tom’ hoping to watch girls undress or videotape them, could escape prosecution by pretending to be a cross-dresser,” he said.

this is so stupid real preditors will not waste there time in trying to dress up like women they could never pass they would stick out.

your group is nothing more than a hate group. a very sad group at it to

you also don't represent real women here in canada

Amanda Hunter

Guest Robin Winter

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that these people don't understand the concept of consenting adults. Grouping pedophiles and zoophiles with the LGBT community is absurd, the difference being that the two former are rapists.

• Admin

Thank you so much for that letter, Amanda. It will fall on deaf ears, but they need to hear it, just the same.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Surprise, surprise -> NOT.

Let's all of us in the Great White North remember the MP's who are opposing this Bill in our next election.

Mr. Robert Goguen MP(Member of Parliament) has stated on CBC Radio that he feels the Trans* people are covered against discrimination already and feels no further protection is needed.

Sure makes me miss Svend Robinson former MP from British Columbia who was one of the first openly gay MP's. He did a lot for "our" cause and his constituents.

Huggs,

Joann

• 3 weeks later...

We're not sick or are pedophiles. Many politicians are sociopaths, psychopaths,

guilty of genocide,racism, transphobia, homophobia, ageism,sexist, and self

aggrandizing.Did I leave anything out?

Guest amanda_s

hello girls something i just remembered about the House of Commons thats where are federal politicians in ottawa canda. it was in a newspaper it listed offences like wife abuse check fraud and so on. until you got to the end you though maybe a baseball team or hockey no it was the very people who tell us how to live. i think it was around 60-70 per cent of them and thats really bad.

ps i just wrote my MP (member of parliament) asking if he will surport give us the same rights as the rest of canada has already

i will post it later after i get a reply

Amanda

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 127 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Stefi
    • Ashley0616
    • LucyF
    • awkward-yet-sweet