• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why Laura's playground is GREAT!

Simon/Sarah

My local CD/TS/FTM/MTF organisation is currently going through some serious infighting and plenty of dirty laundry is being openly aired for all to see and it's depressing. Every organisation will always have a difference of opinions among-st it's members but when the members start openly behaving like children it is very depressing as this organisation is the only place that I know of that can connect me with like minded people in real life.

WHY LAURA'S PLAYGROUND IS GREAT! I have been blown away by the sheer number of people who are always full of support and positive suggestion's and the lengths to which the moderators go to, to protect it's members especially the younger ones from persons who do not belong within the organisation. If there were not any difference of opinions among-st the persons who lead Laura's play ground then those persons would not be human but to myself a humble member of Laura's playground the organisation presents itself as and to me IS! a very strong and united organisation that I have gotten a lot out of to which the persons of all levels involved in the operation of Laura's playground I thank you.

• Root Admin

Thank you Sarah. It is heartening to know that we are helping out with a safe haven for those questioning and in need. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

MaryEllen :)

That feeling of safety is one of the principles that Laura demanded for this site - no one would come here for help when they are needing us most.

It is not always easy - nothing in life really is but it is always worth the effort.

I came here for information, help and just to know that there were people on this planet who actually cared about me.

That was over 4 years ago, I needed a home and I found it here - now I stay because I know that someone out there is looking for that very thing and I want to help be sure that it is always here.

Just knowing that someone cares can make all of the difference.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Megan_Lynn

I am here just to cause problems and make everyones life more crazy then it is....hehe.....

On a serious note this is a very great site and while at times it may seem a tad bit strict in its rules it is for everyone protection and the continued life of this site. I am honored to be able to be a moderator here. While my posts may not be very large in number I try to make sure I only speak on what I truly know and do believe I can be the best help. My biggest challenge is trying to figure out how to express myself in text that does not make me seem like I am self centered. With all my I...I..I.. some here must think I am all full of myself. But if anyone spoke to me in person you would think different...Have always been able to express myself better in person or phone as being able to see and or hear someones voice tells me just how to react properly...

Guest Melissa~

I like the nature of Laura's Play ground. A fully moderated site on the internet is extremely rare and by it's very structure, it keeps 99% of the riff raff out. Then the mods can kick out 99% of those that barge in anyhow. That said, there may be 1 in 1000 on this site that are actual bad apples. Combine that with Google search-ability and required anonymity, which makes it a very very safe place.

For better or worse the local inclusive organization exposed dirty laundry politics on my very first visit, I am tolerant enough to try more meetings. They need members more than I need them, so they need to shape up. Here at LP dirty laundry is hashed out without drubbing on members.

Guest spunky monkey

hello,

i personally think with out this site i would have succumb too my suicidal urges, i am not stupid i no what i need too transition its just i dont have the tools or experience too cope with the rejection and the hate...

every one cares for each other like family, they get excited just by seeing you log in and they never judge you.

im glad you have found lauras i know i am.

merry christmas love rachelle

Guest angels wings

I agree , when I first started on this journey as an S/O there was nothing out there that suited me . The negative comments from other sites was very discouraging . I was looking for a place where people understood my pain where people would advice me and encourage me and kick my behind if I needed it . Here at Laura's they helped me strengthen my wings when I thought I could no longer fly . Laura's rocks :)

Angel :)

Guest kimberly c

Here on this site you can be your true self, where else can you express your desires to crossdress. People here dont see you as different, they

help you and guide you on your journey.

Love Kim

• Admin

Feedback is always welcome, and its really great to hear positive feedback. We aren't perfect, and there is always room for improvement, so we appreciate your suggestions, too. Sometimes suggested changes aren't practical, or go against Laura's philosophy, but we will do what we can to make this a good place to come.

I do believe it is unique on the Web, as far as inclusiveness, safety, and the level of support. The crisis Mods in Chat are the best anywhere. This is all a result of Laura's vision, and she deserves a medal for all the lives she and the staff have saved over the years. It's a honor to be a part of it.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Roberta-Belinda

I agree with all the comments about Lauras being a safe haven. It's great to engage with like minded people who are not out to be judgemental. I am really having a great time on here and I just love to celebrate my inner Woman.

Sarah

I agree with the earlier comments posted on this thread. Laura's vision of an inclusive, safe site where transgender people across the spectrum can congregate, share their thoughts with others, and offer support to each other all in a safe, sane and supportive environment. We all have points in our lives where we are driven to our knees by life. Trans people, more so than any other group in the world, are downed by life events and need support that they can find here on Laura's.

This is a good place to be a member. We all benefit from the vigilance of the Administrators and moderators to keep people who are angry and hateful off of this site. Those people can cause a great deal of harm to some of our fragile members. This site also welcomes younger members and we are highly protective of them. If we weren't parents would pull their children from this site even though these kids need us.

Many new members are referred to Laura's by their therapists. Many of those new members are teenage patients. We have to earn that trust every day by those therapists.

And lastly, I'm proud to function as a moderator for as long as Laura will have me. I try my best to uphold that which is the very best attributes about this site. Kathryn Julie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eve Caillard

Sarah

Thanks for saying this.

I (as many now know to their utmost boredom!) crashed into cross-dressing in March 2012. By chance Laura's Playground was an early discovery in my search for help in what was going on in my head, and in my life. In desperation, seeking help, I dropped my very first question on this site asking for help. The first four / five replies I had (and girls, you know who you are) were quite literally life-savers for me. I went from being scared and socially outcast into being reassured and ready to square up to where I was going.

And most of all, I knew I had a family. I knew I was (and am) not alone).

To all the moderators, site creators and support - my huge thanks. You ARE helping people like us SO MUCH. If this site vanished off the Internet tomorrow, I would be lost.

Thanks and BIG HUGS to you ALL!

Love

Eve XXX

• 1 month later...

This is the place I come to when I want/need to express my inner fealings. When I to first found Laura's I had so many questions, and really did not know who I was anymore. I read the forums and gained so much knowledge, and found many answers about who I really am. It felt like opening all the windows in your house and letting all the stale air out, and having all the new clean fresh air come flowing in. This is how I feal. New, Fresh, A New Beginning. Thanks to everyone who has helped in their own special way, by either answering a question or giving support. Simply stated. I Love Laura's Playground.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you! I love it too. It is all of us working together and sharing that makes laura's a very special place.

it's wonderful to hear what it has done for you and brings back memories of how I felt as I began my journey here. Now I'm trying to pay it forward.

We are glad to have you among us1

Hugs

Johnny

Laura's has been a lifeline to those who are sinking. It's been a light shining through's life's

rough seas. I'm happy to be a part of the community.

:ThanxSmiley:

Guest leopron

I am new here, only just this month I became a member. I really wish I found this place earlier in my life because everyone has been so accepting of me, as I am. I have never tried any other place like this so I would not be able to give a comparison to any other such type of site that offers the same support.

I remember the first night I signed up for the chat, the moderator I talked with really helped me with my joining in a chat session, which really did not go to well from my side I mainly just watched what people were saying, if it was not for the acceptance, kindness, helpfulness, security and yes I could feel the love coming from deep down inside of her heart, to make me feel comfortable, I would not have come back. Now I am sooo glad to be here.

LP has been a great influence on me already, in a very short time. The love I feel and get here has spilled over into my life outside of the site, and that in itself makes the world a better place, albeit my world, but my world is part of the bigger world, so by that relation LP is making the entire world a better place.

Thank you all who contribute and give support to this site all of you deserve a big KUDOS and my :wub:

Leopron

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome leopron!

Although my confidence has ballooned with regards to my posts on laura's from when I first started I must say that I'm really wierd when it comes to actual live chat rooms and I am a little embarrassed to say I have not plucked up the courage to get on one yet so you are a lot more advanced than I leopron with regards to your remarks about it not going to well on your first LP chat room visit. The reason for not having got into / onto a chat room yet is not at all because of laura's but just because I’m a little socially weird. A really nice lady friend recently after figuring me out regarding my social awkwardness when in a social situation in RL described me as a "social butterfly". I thought it was a really nice remark but she has NO IDEA that I’m about to change genders, would the term "butterfly" change for her if she knew? LOL

I'll keep a look out for you when I DO! get into a live LP chatroom for you leopron and come hang out in a corner with you :)

Guest leopron

Simon/Sarah,

I would like to hang out with you, but just to give heads up I do not go there as much as I would like.

Just not enough time at the moment in my life for myself.

As far as the reference to a butterfly I think it is a perfect metaphor, and if she is a true freind then yes she would feel the same.

Going from something that makes you feel not right to your beautiful self, what else could describe it better, than, going from a larva to a beautiful butterfly, I think she could not have nailed it any better. You have given me courage and strength just by you telling me that I'm more advanced than you, if you only knew my trials and tribulations, I am not so sure you would say that. Pick up your head and feel proud of who you are because your beautiful and your doing what makes you feel right, that is a very good thing believe me.

I look forward to meeting you in a chat session and having a nice girl talk in a quite corner.

Huggs

Leopron