• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

boobs leaking?

Guest kariann330

Guest kariann330

So i go to take off my bra before getting into a shower and one of my fingers bumps a nipple....wth? Its a clear odorless fluid and.i know its not sweat cuz it's chilly in my apartment but that nipple has been itching up a storm recently...any help?

Kari.

Guest Robin Winter

Totally normal if you're on feminizing hormones. I'm extremely surprised your endo didn't warn you about that. It's the result of increased prolactin levels, and should go away after a few months provided your prolactin levels even out and don't remain higher than is normal for a non-pregnant woman. Well, it went away for me anyway, I guess it might not for everyone.

Guest Melissa~

Boobs make all kinds of biologically interesting fluids besides milk. "Clear and odorless" is not a problem. There is no universal boobs owners manual, lol, but one could settle surprises like yours.

Guest Robin Winter

Clear and Odorless can actually be indicative of a problem, as can any combination of color/odor. However, if one is on HRT, that is the most likely cause, and perfectly normal. Still, if it concerns you, it won't hurt to have it checked out.

Guest (Lightsider)

Clear and Odorless can actually be indicative of a problem, as can any combination of color/odor. However, if one is on HRT, that is the most likely cause, and perfectly normal. Still, if it concerns you, it won't hurt to have it checked out.

I second this. I will take it a step further and strongly urge you to have it checked by a doctor. Breast cancer is not something to mess with.

• Admin

Colostrum is a normal discharge from the nipples, and can happen to newborns as well as beginning puberty teenagers of both genders, It is also called "witches milk", but is also the first secretion from a normal woman's breast during the initial nursing of her newborn child. (It is actually an ideal first nursing for the child since it helps remove developmental waste from the childs intestines) Fathers of newborns very rarely, have been reported to have it happen to their moobs the first few days after a childs birth. It is not however the only fluid other than human milk that can discharge from a nipple, and the advice to let your MD know about it is correct, but you need not go into a panic about it.

Your girls are now working just like God intended. The discharge is quite normal, your glands are producing and the duct work is open. If the fluid tastes like plasma and is just slightly salty, it is colostrum, which helps the baby get a healthy immune system. If it is the sweetest taste on earth, it's breast milk. Baby is hungry or your body just thinks so. You should dry up soon, unless you want to persue lactation. Don't try that until you have studied everything a preganant Mom should know. It's a full time job. I do know.

My Doctor thought it was as wonderful as I did, but he really didn't know why I wanted to make that effort. He also told me that breast cancer is very unlikely and undetectable, for the most part, in the first two years, unless cancer was pre-existing. You will need to think about a mammogram in the fast coming future.

If you flow often, you might want to avoid crying newborns, unless you are wearing a bra. Giggle. That is a trigger for them to work. I let down in a thrift store one weekend and wet spots on my T-shirt was very un-nerving as I raced out of the store. Enjoy your new breasts, they are a joy to have. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest (Lightsider)

I hate to rain on any ones parade...but any discharge should be looked at by a physician. It could be a "ok" thing or a bad thing. It is not for us to diagnose either way. If you are seeing discharge...go see your doctor. Play it safe.

I hate to rain on any ones parade...but any discharge should be looked at by a physician. It could be a "ok" thing or a bad thing. It is not for us to diagnose either way. If you are seeing discharge...go see your doctor. Play it safe.

That's like the old saying... making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It would like if you ran to the doctors office yelling cancer if you found a mole on you.

But I guess its good to just make sure, long as you're insurance covers it or you got that kind of money :)

Guest (Lightsider)

That's like the old saying... making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It would like if you ran to the doctors office yelling cancer if you found a mole on you.

But I guess its good to just make sure, long as you're insurance covers it or you got that kind of money :)

I would rather go into debt than have a surprise and find out I have stage 3 cancer or worse. And I am saying that this is something that every one should be cautious about and not just dismiss so easily. We are not doctors and to say it is nothing is dangerous. I will stand by what I said...go to your Dr if something like this happens.

Taken from a medical website.

"Clear nipple discharge – Clear discharge can be a sign of abnormal cells (including cancer cells) within the breast. The risk of cancer is lower when there is discharge from both breasts."

Guest Robin Winter

I'm NOT saying don't get it checked, by all means do so. But that medical website very likely also says that changes in hormones can cause the same issue (i.e. pregnancy or period). The one I checked out did. It also said not to panic, because there are several normal reasons for nipple discharge.

For women who aren't breastfeeding, the sight of nipple discharge can be alarming. But if you notice discharge from your nipple, there's no reason to panic. While nipple discharge can be serious, in most cases, it's either normal or due to a minor condition.

http://women.webmd.c...ipple-discharge

Here is another source

http://health.doctis...-discharge.html

The main causes of nipple discharge are hormonal changes, infection within the breast, or, more rarely, a breast tumour.

Changes in the levels of female sex hormones may produce a discharge, usually from both nipples, just before a period. This type of discharge is usually clear and watery.

It is best to be safe, but in a case where you already know there are hormonal changes like those described, I would and did personally feel safe in assuming that was the cause. Particularly since my endocrinologist told me it would probably happen.

Guest kariann330

So my gf had a gyno appointment today and i asked her about it, she "off the record" had me hop on the table, shirt and bra came off and after a couple of min fully inspecting my breasts had come to a conclusion...it's nothing to worry about at all. She described it as excess fluid draining from the now active ducts and glands and said it will happen with the other nipple as well when those glands catch up as well. She did say also to eventually expect the occasional leak of breast milk. She then smiled and said welcome to womanhood and the pain that breasts can be.

Thanks for the worries.

Kari Ann

I had this persist for month until my doctor took me off of progesterone... then it stopped shortly afterwords. Not sure if that had much to do with it or if it was just time... but it didnt seem like a coincidence

• 1 year later...
Guest So-kool

I have noticed this fluid also. Clear,oderless , and in larger amounts ( 4-5 drops) i would say there is a slime-ish quality to it. Its kinda like saliva you might get when chewing a sweet bubble gum.

I squeeze my nipple to extract the fluid ( 4-5 drops) and then need to wait at least an hour before any more will come out. The sensation is a pleasant experience.

I cycle my estrogen and progesterone and keep my AA's consistant. I notice highest liquid amounts when my E levels are at their highest and not right after my levels drop off as I would have expected according to lactation inducing methods as i understand them.

I manipulate my breast and nipples consistantly through my cycles but also notice increased sensitivity at peak dosage.

I enjoy increased sensitivity. ;)

Guest Allyda

I'm at 4 months, 1 week, and 4 days into my hrt and haven't had this happen to me yet. So I trust it you girls are farther along than I? If you are could you please let me know when this may happen to myself? I'm on a full transition dose and am just curious.

Thanks girls,

Ally :ThanxSmiley:

• Admin

I'm at 4 months, 1 week, and 4 days into my hrt and haven't had this happen to me yet. So I trust it you girls are farther along than I? If you are could you please let me know when this may happen to myself? I'm on a full transition dose and am just curious.

I am nearing my 5 year hormone birthday, and only had it happen for a VERY BRIEF time when I was about 6 or 7 months along. Shortly before I could no longer turn onto my stomach for sleeping. A year ago I had a needle biopsy of one breast where a mammogram saw that a suspicious mass had developed in that time so with the fun stuff is serious stuff too.

Guest AliciaDB2014

To me, it sounds like you are beginning to produce colostrum. Colostrum is the "pre-milk" production that is found in pregnant women, but it will be seen when the body is producing a higher amount of estrogen than normal. When breast tissue is present, the possibility for colostrum to develop is there. It should be almost like a creamy colored, oily feeling liquid. I'm trying to figure out a good way to explain it, but its harder than I thought it would be!

The weirdest and best side effect is; long after I stopped pumping four to six times a day round the clock and my milk dried up, I can still feel my let down reflexes. It is a wonderful motherly feeling. Standing in a long line today a young gal passed by with her baby crying and yes, I had that feeling. I looked down to check even though I was certain I would not have wet spots. Maybe I should wear a bra more often. I do miss lactating, what can I say? Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

• 1 year later...

Hi every one

Iam new in this forum , recently joined a mtf age 36 on hrt for last 9 weeks.yesterday on pressing my nipples hard i found a very tiny drop of clear liquid from both..Actually from 5 th week increasing my dosage i found pain in both nipples and i keep on checking the pain by pressing them all day in excitement whether the pain is there or not as some time i felt less pain and yesterday i found this.

Please suggest what to do..is this normal as iam self medicating..should i decrease the dosage..and if it has to stay for hum much time and how to reduce it.

Please sisters suggest me...

Thanks

Raj

• Forum Moderator

You perhaps already know Raj, but self medicating is very dangerous and cause major problems. This is why they should be used under medical supervision with frequent checks to avoid problems. As such I would suggest talking to a doctor.

Others here may well be able to describe their experiences but will not be in a position to replace a doctor (dosage rates are against forum rules anyway. If you have not already done so please read the forum terms and conditions - link at bottom right of page). I am not on medication so am not able to describe first hand.

It is good that you are here. Please feel free to read and post. People here are very friendly and happy to help.

The formal bit over - welcome :) - it's nice to meet you.

You may wish to post in the introductions forum such that we know a little bit more about you. That isn't compulsory so don't worry if not.

Tracy x

Guest Robin Winter

It is a common part of the process, but beyond that I can't give you more information. You're taking a big risk, and if you live in an area where you have access to proper medical guidance I strongly suggest you go that route for your own safety.

The liquid ia probably colostrum, this early discharge is normal. It means your breast glands are waking up and are clearing your ducts. This may happen a couple of times, that is normal.

Don't try to pinch or express this pre milk. You can bruse your nipples causing duct swelling. That can cause milk/colostrum to dry and block the ducts. Blocked ducts really hurt, I know first hand.

If you are squeezing your nipples and get a white substance that may remind you of breaking a pimple, stop that activity, you are harming your nipples. That substance is a natural lubrication to keep your nipples soft and supple when your baby suckles.

Your breasts are marvelous miracles of nature, be loving to them. They are growing and preparing for child rearing. They don't know that you can't have a bun in the oven. They're girls and do what girls do.

If your nipples stay sore even with daily breast message, you might try some Mother's Love ointment on your areolas. The Boob Fairy will bless you for it. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

PS - For more healthy breast information, use the Forum search tool with my name and the key word lactation. JA

Thanks every body for accepting me and giving your sisterly advice.

I have also want to tell you 2 yrs back i have been on hrt for almost 19 months started with low dosage and on increasing slowly.At one stage i have similar problem of nipple discharge so reduce the dosage and this thing stopped completly and i slowly keep on decreasing my doasge and left the hrt.I am heavy and have some fat due to this in my breast and during 19 months the growth was less or nill just puffy nipples.This time i started a proper dosage and i have felt pain and i dont know when i press nipple it keeps hard as something is belowe but in nipple area only not here and there may be its bud ...i dont know and checking this all the time i found discharge..

Should i decrease dosage or go on normally like this..kindly advice..

I know about self medication ..but still i have time to disclose..waiting for the time..untill then iam slow and will keep on test check ups regularly and your all support.

Thanks

Raj