• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Came Out To My Gay Friend Yesterday

Guest Angelgrlsue

Guest Angelgrlsue

Well I came out to my gay friend I've known for over a year now. Wrote him an email explaining about my gender choice and all. Have not heard back from him yet. Will let you know what his reaction is when I do hear from him.

Another step in the right direction. Looking at the time you emailed your friend it will take awhile before they will respond. Be paient.................Mia.

Guest Elizabeth K

Good going :D

Just remember that - at least in my experience - the gay community doesn't usually understand transsexuality any better that the general community. But they do understand riddicule and hatred directed towards anyone considered 'different.' So you should have a great response - but maybe some curiousity type questions

Ha :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Alyssa Leigh

Con Grats SuzieCh! I remember when i had told cameout to my brother he told me that he suspected that considering the different choices i made. It one of the most hardest things i have to had to do.

Guest mia 1

Did the same , my gay friend said I'm with you all the way......Said it face to face and that was the first time except for my little honey bunny that I did eye to eye....Let's know what happened Suzie it's been two months......Mia

Guest ~Brenda~
Well I came out to my gay friend I've known for over a year now. Wrote him an email explaining about my gender choice and all. Have not heard back from him yet. Will let you know what his reaction is when I do hear from him.

Dear SuzieCh,

Coming out was a very important step for you (as it is for anyone!). I applaud you in your bravery. I would expect that your friend will reply (I am sure he is a good friend). Regardless if he replies or not, the fact that you came out is what is so important. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Love,

bernie