• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tips for feeling more feminine

Guest SaraRider

Guest SaraRider

I just needed some hope today. I was wondering what everyone does to feel more feminine. I need helps feeling more feminine cause it helps me feel pretty. I look like a man when I am in public but I want to feel my feminine. I do small things like sit when I pee or use tampons but I would like to do more things to make me feel feminine. Thank you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlize

• MaryEllen

• VickySGV

• elliemckay

• Forum Moderator

Do your toes. Nothing cuter than looking down and seeing painted toes. You can also do clear nail polish on your fingers. Get your ears pierced and wear little studs. You can't get around being out a bit but i never got any comments.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Razilee

I have a funny (in hindsight) story about painted toenails. I was working at what I think of as my worst, most boring job as an icecream truckdriver with my toes painted and sometimes wearing a skirt. It was nice to see all the children's happy faces, but the net income some days was negative. One particular day after working ten straight 11-hour days in a row I was distracted by admiring my beautiful toes and didn't notice a parked car. Fortunately I was moving at my usual couple miles per hour with "Little Brown Jug" playing. I just broke a headlight on the parked car, but I obediently reported it and so the accident went on my driving record. On the otherhand the truck rental changed my territory to closer to headquarters and let me take a day off once a week.

I wear clear nail polish now and like how my nails have grown longer. I have not tried ear piercing yet.

Paint fingernails and toenails. Wear a light perfume or cologne. I wear a necklace. I'v received compliments on an aqua blue one that I have. Relax and be as natural as you can.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Claire-G

Do your toes. Nothing cuter than looking down and seeing painted toes. You can also do clear nail polish on your fingers. Get your ears pierced and wear little studs. You can't get around being out a bit but i never got any comments.

Hugs,

Charlie

Yep very good tips.

I also find it very realxing to put on as you are being forced to sit still and relax.

Hi Sara

Wear feminine lingerie under your clothes. Silk panties, in the winter, wear tights. After developing breasts, wearing a bra, growing out your hair, piercing your ears. When you are alone, work on perfecting your feminine voice, trying on makeup. Practice sitting with your legs together. When you talk to someone, speak with your hands. Observe how women talk and sit and practice modeling them.

Learning to be a woman is a learning curve with much to learn. Start early, practice often, and enjoy the journey. Kathryn

Guest michelehaber

Hi - I stopped eating meat around 4 month ago and feel so much more feminine. I read a lot of studies on meat causing high level of testosterone. I am just starting hormones but already my facial and body features have become much more feminine from just cutting out meat. Within a month of stopping I notice a big decrease in inflammation in my face and body. I feel lighter and my skin softer from just eating a diet made up of veggies, fruit, bread, almonds and once a day I make fresh veggie juice. Plus I've lost 25 pounds so far and still loosing! Love - Michele

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gypsyfeenix

I just needed some hope today. I was wondering what everyone does to feel more feminine. I need helps feeling more feminine cause it helps me feel pretty. I look like a man when I am in public but I want to feel my feminine. I do small things like sit when I pee or use tampons but I would like to do more things to make me feel feminine. Thank you.

I know I'm on the other side of the coin, Sara, but you MUST get an ankle bracelet!!:)

I made one for my honey and she hasn't taken it off since. I also STRONGLY recommend getting a pretty toe ring to go with that sweet little pedi. Gives you that feeling of " I'm-a-little-boho,I'm-a-little-sheckshee", and you don't have to take 'em off.

Hope it helps. If you find something nice, you should post a pic so we can covet your good taste ;)

Guest SaraRider

Gypsyfeenix That is a really good idea thank you for sharing. I don't think anyone has posted that yet. Oh and I'll post more pics latter. I have a couple in the gallery!

Guest Gypsyfeenix

:) I'll have to check it out

Sara, if you are so inclined, you can make some lovely stuff at home - I do tons of wirework/beadwork etc, and if people knew how easy it was, then no one would buy any..lol....

There are some great tutes on making some funky and expressive jewelry that's super easy and very very inexpensive. :)

I do small things like sit when I pee or use tampons but I would like to do more things to make me feel feminine. Thank you.

I have to admit.... I am insanely curious as to how exactly you "use" tampons if you don't have a vagina. Legit question.

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Yep, she's been making my jewellery for 8 years ^_^

Hows about some pics of the jewelry Shilo. :friends:

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

AGH!!

Wait til I make something super pretty!!!

(now I have camera shyness...lmbo)

Guest Robin Winter

Unfortunately, most of it has since worn out and was given a permanent burial in my jewellery box, but I currently wear a macrame ankle bracelet and a beaded bracelet that I'm very fond of :) If I can get pictures that don't look horrible I will.

She also made me my first pair of earrings, which I unfortunately no longer have, but they were metal feathers and I wore them constantly until we moved to our new job and I was no longer allowed to wear earrings :( I miss them!

We just got 50 pairs of earring hooks to make earrings, and we have 500 more on the way, so I'm going to make myself a bunch for the future when I can get them pierced again ^_^

• Forum Moderator

I love making jewelry esp. earrings. I love Svakowrski (sp?) crystals. They are fairly cheap and sparkle so beautifully. They are very expensive at stores at the mall costing up to $100 or better a pair but they can be assembled for less than $10. The only problem is you get too many choices. Enjoy

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest SaraRider
I do small things like sit when I pee or use tampons but I would like to do more things to make me feel feminine. Thank you.

I have to admit.... I am insanely curious as to how exactly you "use" tampons if you don't have a vagina. Legit question.

Anally

Guest SaraRider

That sounds like a really bad and pointless idea... doing that could even be dangerous.

Well I enjoy it. If you find a link about it being dangerous I would love to read it.

high absorbency tampons carry the risk of toxic shock syndrome and staph infections... I would think that used anally the risk could be even greater (youre potentially damaging your colon, scratches, cuts etc, then your causing a buildup of fecal matter in that very spot... that is like asking for an infection, not to mention youre drying out your colon which is not supposed to happen). Tampons are not meant to be used anally

Guest SaraRider

high absorbency tampons carry the risk of toxic shock syndrome and staph infections... I would think that used anally the risk could be even greater (youre potentially damaging your colon, scratches, cuts etc, then your causing a buildup of fecal matter in that very spot... that is like asking for an infection, not to mention youre drying out your colon which is not supposed to happen). Tampons are not meant to be used anally

Well I've been doing it since is was 12. I make sure to switch often which is what you are suppose to do for TSS and as far as staph and damage I'm bi so that already happens but I would love links on the subject.

You know, this may be my own opinion but this is a bit TMI and teens and parents read this site. *wince*

Yeah I think we can move on from the subject.

• Root Admin

This is getting to be a little TMI. Cool it with the tampon talk, please

Guest Kate_Evelyn

if you weed threw Google, there are uses for them. mostly involving intercourse. can still cause toxic shock syndrome. i say if you Don't have a reason to use them, Don't just to limit he chances of getting tss.