• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tips for feeling more feminine

Guest SaraRider

• Admin
I do small things like sit when I pee or use tampons but I would like to do more things to make me feel feminine. Thank you.

I have to admit.... I am insanely curious as to how exactly you "use" tampons if you don't have a vagina. Legit question.

Anally

That is actually a DANGEROUS practice. The tampon insertion tubes can perforate the large intestine. The tampon itself can actually become impacted in the colon and require surgery to have it removed. If your family has a history of colo/rectal cancer, you have just shot your odds way up to be included in the family statistics. It is a no no for me to use a tampon in my post op vagina as well because of a high incidence of toxic shock syndrome. You will not feel more feminine with a colostomy bag on your upper stomach wall.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlize

• MaryEllen

• VickySGV

• elliemckay

Guest ~Brenda~

Dearheart :)

Nothing makes me more feminine than scent :)

I think that you will find that the right perfume (not overwhelming) does more than anything else to make one feel right.

I can wear all of the dresses, jewelery, makeup, accessories that I want, but without that wonderful feminine scent nothing seems to work right.

You want to feel more feminine? Explore your scent with perfume or body mist.

I will share this with you my dear is that body mist can be purchased anywhere and is much more subtle than perfume.

Go to the women's section of any grocerie or CVS like store and you will find a vast array of body mists :)

Very sweet scents.

Love.

Brenda

Guest Robin Winter

I gotta agree with Brenda :) I usually wear essential oils myself, I'm sensitive to chemical perfumes, but I just love Dragon's Blood, it has a cinnamony, clovey smell. I put it on my clothing and it lasts forever! If you want to put something like that directly on your skin though, you'll have to mix it with a carrier oil, Dragon's blood as a pure essential oil can give you pretty painful burns. I speak from experience :(

I totally agree with brenda too, I hate smelling like a guy... I have a small selection of perfume and lotions that smell awesome! definitely helps me feel more feminine.

I love the smell of patchouli. I have it on my winter coat right now. Can anyone recommend a body mist they like a lot? As for jewelry, try a necklace that will bring out your eye color. There's one that I have my eye on. It's a beautiful blue, with the tree of life inscribed on it.

Guest Sarah Faith

To be honest I hadn't even considered perfumes or body sprays yet. Im still working on starting my female wardrobe off. I've got a few outfits so far. Really what I've done to feel more feminine was growing out my hair, keeping my toe nails painted, and wearing a necklace I bought for my self at Disneyworld a number of years ago.

I'll have to check out that section of the store next time I go shopping. :D

I love the smell of patchouli. I have it on my winter coat right now. Can anyone recommend a body mist they like a lot? As for jewelry, try a necklace that will bring out your eye color. There's one that I have my eye on. It's a beautiful blue, with the tree of life inscribed on it.

Excellent idea Rowyn. :)

I gotta agree with Brenda :) I usually wear essential oils myself, I'm sensitive to chemical perfumes, but I just love Dragon's Blood, it has a cinnamony, clovey smell. I put it on my clothing and it lasts forever! If you want to put something like that directly on your skin though, you'll have to mix it with a carrier oil, Dragon's blood as a pure essential oil can give you pretty painful burns. I speak from experience :(

I like Frankincense & Myrrh, it too is an oil, but does not have to be cut. What exactly is a carrier oil and how do you mix it?

Guest Robin Winter

I don't know if they have them in the U.S., I honestly never thought to check, but The Body Shop has some amazing all natural fragrances and they all come in various products from body butter to body spray. I'm particularly fond of the hemp oil, but I think that's one of the very few that doesn't have a spray, I just wear it on my neck or behind my ears. My wife loves the Vanilla though, and it does come in a body spray. All the products have testers, so you can see what they all smell like. If you have such a place there, check it out :)

I like Frankincense & Myrrh, it too is an oil, but does not have to be cut. What exactly is a carrier oil and how do you mix it?

Carrier oils are pure oils that have no scent of their own and will dilute the essential oil to wearable levels. The most commonly used one for fragrances is grapeseed oil, but you can use a light olive oil with pretty much the same result. Just mix a small amound of the essential oil in a larger amount of the carrier. There are probably websites that can give you more specific ratios, but I would just experiment to find a level I liked.

Would be interesting to know the content of "Dragon's Blood" as I only have pure essential oils on hand.

I just love the scent of Rose Absolute. I usually have Sandalwood and Lavender in my burner though.

Depending on what you're doing with the essential oils you can use Jojoba oil as a carrier as well.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

I don't know if they have them in the U.S., I honestly never thought to check, but The Body Shop has some amazing all natural fragrances and they all come in various products from body butter to body spray. I'm particularly fond of the hemp oil, but I think that's one of the very few that doesn't have a spray, I just wear it on my neck or behind my ears. My wife loves the Vanilla though, and it does come in a body spray. All the products have testers, so you can see what they all smell like. If you have such a place there, check it out :)

Carrier oils are pure oils that have no scent of their own and will dilute the essential oil to wearable levels. The most commonly used one for fragrances is grapeseed oil, but you can use a light olive oil with pretty much the same result. Just mix a small amound of the essential oil in a larger amount of the carrier. There are probably websites that can give you more specific ratios, but I would just experiment to find a level I liked.

It's funny that you mentioned The Body Shop. My wife and I and some friends are thinking about going there this weekend. They have a store in Milwaukee. I did a lot of looking around on their website, but it was primarily for foundation. I have a feeling we'll have to be careful so as to not blow through a small fortune there. I'll definitely look at their selection of body butter, too. Thank you for mentioning it. As for essential oil carriers, can water be used? My wife dilutes lavender oil in water, but it doesn't seem to be very noticeable on clothing.

Guest Robin Winter

Ummmm....you shouldn't even be able to dilute it in water, as oil and water don't mix. It's probably not noticeable because the oils are separating and it's nearly all water that you'd be applying to the clothing. You really need to mix it with a carrier oil. Just get an extra light olive oil, that should work great. Alternatively, you can just buy premade fragrances, they're already cut into a carrier oil and safe for use directly on skin. They're less expensive, but obviously will not last as long.

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Nothing is more feminine a scent to me than vanilla.

(Yeah, I know - old stand by)

Honestly, though, I wear it in all forms and it makes me feel soft and cuddly and safe and lovely and attractive and and and....lol.....

I've never been a big lavendar scent kinda girl. Reminds me too much of my Nanny :)

Guest Robin Winter

Does that mean I reminded you of your nanny when we started dating???? Virtually every time we got together, at least at your place, we had Lavendar tea!

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Does that mean I reminded you of your nanny when we started dating???? Virtually every time we got together, at least at your place, we had Lavendar tea!

HAHAHAHA. Eeeeeewwwwwww...so wrong....so very, very wrong......

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Don't complain to me! You're the one that got me hooked! I never so much as smelled lavendar tea until I met you!

Now I can't stop imagining my Nanny...I hope you're happy. :doh1: