• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just to clarify my own position

Guest apostate79

Guest apostate79

There are a lot of misconceptions about Mormons, a lot of it is based on paranoid stereotypes and misinformation. I once overheard a guy spouting stuff about the Mormon church, none of it was true, a lot of it built around the idea that Mormons aren't Christians, but I guess he was told all of those things by his Evangelical pastor (nobody hates Christians more than the different branches and denominations hate each other). If anyone has any questions about Mormon beliefs and practices, I will happily answer them with as little bias as possible.

There are also a lot of misconceptions about Muslims and other religions that tend to be spread by Protestant Christians, either out of ignorance or a more sinister intent. This is not to defend the Mormon Church, but I believe that you can (and should) criticize a religion and its leadership without demonizing its followers or promoting bigotry against them. It's the difference between criticizing the Pope and spreading conspiracy theories about immigrants from Catholic countries.

Guest (Lightsider)

Yeah there a lot of false ideas out there. I was once told that there are a few who believe Mormons have horns on their heads and other non-sense.

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately many people can't put out the effort to understand the faiths and ways of others. At best we can hope for tolerance and fortunately in this country that is mostly possible. I can only be thankful that it is possible to have as many faiths and beliefs as we have here with as little friction as there is. We have some smart founders to thank for that.

Hugs,

Charlie